What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 4 (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I'm not so sure some of that won't come to pass. They have to get rid of Carter but keep her around for the occasional episode, plus Woolsey is taking over. It might be plausible that's how they'll do it.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Not only for the occasional episode, but for the 2 SG1 movies. Unless they're gonna say they both took place in the time between the end of SG1 Season 10 and Carter taking over in Atlantis.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Who, Amanda Tapping? Considering she's leaving the show, I think it's safe to say it was just the one.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

I think her contract for this year included the two Stargate SG-1 movies and 16 episodes of Stargate Atlantis Season Four.

Even though she's going to be in her own series later this year playing a different character ("Sanctuary" -- Dr. Helen Magnus), there are rumors that she could be in additional Stargate movies. A lot will depend, of course, on how well "The Ark of Truth" and "Continuum" do on DVD.

Here's a link to a nice recent interview with her where she discusses her decade of work on Stargate:

GateWorld - Interviews: Journey of a Lifetime (Amanda Tapping - February 2008)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
ok coo. just checking. while i liked carter on SG1, i want to venture and say that i don't think carter ever clicked with the atlantis crew, not as much as weir did. i always thought there were sexual undertones between weir and sheppard. any1 wanna back me on that? while rodney+carter would have been nice, this season never TOOK advantange of that!!! they had so MUCH more fun in SG1 ep and the earlier atlantis w/carter+mcckay.

that's why i let out a sign of relief for her not coming back. carter+sg1 is ok, but atlantis=no good.

here's hoping for a huge season5, i hope they work on the later half better. atlantis has been inconsistent in terms of an entire season of good stuff. sometimes the first half is awesome, sometimes the latter half, but never the complete whole.

SGA season 1 was listed on HD DVD before the ship sank. i really hope they had worked on this already and it would be a matter of transplanting the finished encodes onto the blu-ray format!!! this is one of the few series i'd love to own since i like their sound design. the stargate series has some of the BEST TV audio designs for a TV production. most are front heavy and bland, but man just listen to some of the planet of the week episodes for this adventure series and u hear a LOT of information in the surrounds!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I agree. Having a What if episode is fun but at the end, it isn't real so in essence we spent the first 50 minutes of this episode on what could have been or might be. And then in the last couple of minutes of the episode you get a tacked on finale.
An explosion? Is that the best they could. I could understand that in a Dynasty cliffhanger but Stargate Atlantis could have and usually does a lot better with season enders.
Was really hoping they would go back to the Repli-Weir story but they seemed to not want to go back to that.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I don't think will get back to the Weir story because the actress has declined to return so that little story is now left hanging.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
do u guys think there were bad feelings between the actress and the producers. i mean, if i were her, i'd think that i was being shoved aside for tapping for just 1 season just to fulfill contractual means. yeah there are eps weir appears in, but the sentiment remains. of course in the fansites, u are contractually obligated to say there were no hard feelings, it was mutually beneficial, etc. but man having a steady paycheck and then getting that cutoff really does suck for an actress =P.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

I would not be surprised if there were some hard feelings there.

This is just speculation on my part, but I think they wanted Tapping for just the one year (in order to fulfill her contract); and the plan was then to bring Weir back as a regular. You might think that a replicator as a regular is pretty bizarre, but then Voyager got away with having a Borg as a regular, so it might have worked. Anywhoo ... Apparently the actress that portrayed Weir was ready to move on; they had the budget to bring back *somebody*; so we get the "clone" doctor in lieu of the replicator for next season. This still might work. After all, this is the doctor which once stated (in his best Scottish brogue) "I canna' get that "cling-on" off his neck!" I've loved the character ever since that line!

Arild

Supporting Actor
Not likely. The decision to bring Tapping on board was made after the decision to write Weir out, not the other way around. In fact, the Carter character wasn't even the only one they considered for a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks