What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Rian Johnson is on record saying that as far as he is concerned, it's the truth.

Of course, J.J. could change it -- but I doubt it. We know he liked The Last Jedi, and I don't think he would have taken the Episode IX job with the intention of contradicting it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You're probably right Jake, but he'd really only be contradicting Johnson since the film does leave it as an ambiguous situation. As I said, we won't know for sure until IX is released.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Funny thing about these pictures: Just yesterday my son (who is 9) said "Wouldn't it be cool if we see other rebel bases in Episode IX, and one of them is on Endor and Lando Calrissian is charge of that one?"

[And I said, "Really? You want there to be Ewoks?" And he said, "Oh, Ewoks! Yeah!"]
When I heard they were shooting in a jungle, I was thinking Yavin (probably since it was featured pretty heavily in Rogue One and Rebels) but I like the idea of seeing Endor again. In the end, it's probably a new planet.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Perhaps re-canonizing Mimban, from Splinter of the Mind’s Eye? It begins with a mystery... the severed arm of Darth Vader is found on a jungle planet near a large pit, not far from Yuzzum skeletons...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
When I heard they were shooting in a jungle, I was thinking Yavin (probably since it was featured pretty heavily in Rogue One and Rebels) but I like the idea of seeing Endor again. In the end, it's probably a new planet.

I'd rather see them do something *new*. We've already had Jaaku serving as a stand-in for Tatooine in TFA. Do we really need a jungle planet in the third film, just like ROTJ? No. NO Endor. NO Yavin. Please. There's an entire UNIVERSE out there! Surely the filmmakers can be a little more creative with locales than doing even more rehashing.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather see them do something *new*. We've already had Jaaku serving as a stand-in for Tatooine in TFA. Do we really need a jungle planet in the third film, just like ROTJ? No. NO Endor. NO Yavin. Please. There's an entire UNIVERSE out there! Surely the filmmakers can be a little more creative with locales than doing even more rehashing.

Endor wasn’t really a jungle.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Agree 100%

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Seriously tho is it that hard to

come up with new locations? What kind of planets haven’t we seen. Maybe it is.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Seeing Yavin in Rogue One and Rebels is fun and makes sense but I'm all for seeing a new planet now that it's 30 years later.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Try something new? You mean like TLJ. Seems that didn’t go over very well so, I’m not surprised if they decided fall back on the “traditions” of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks