What's new

STAR - Julie Andrews - new release date? (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
The release of star with Julie Andrews was put off to add the features that were on the Laserdisc - anyone have a new date/
Any date yet for the release of Call Me Madam? I hear that Miles Kreuger has recorded a commentary track for this. this should be a great release.
Fox - how about releasing more of your musicals - April Love, the Best Things in Life Are Free, the 1962 State Fair, Can Can, all those Betty Grable and Alice Faye with the outtakes?. Where Doi We Go From Here, Dancing in the dark, that Lady in Ermine, Centennial Summer ( starring Jeanne crain who passed away last week).

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
DVD File states that Fox has slated STAR! for 4/20 along with CALL ME MADAM and two other films they consider musicals, I guess: GIVE MY REGARDS TO BROAD ST. (the Paul McCartney rock movie, not a musical in my book), and ROXIE HART (the non-musical film with Ginger Rogers based on the same source material that the musical CHICAGO was derived from).

Many people will be thrilled that STAR! is finally coming out after being yanked from last August's release schedule. For me, it's great news that CALL ME MADAM is being liberated from legal limbo for its first-ever home video release, as it's a truly delightful film.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I think it was a number of us here at HTF and in other forums that reminded Fox of the LD supplements in Star! and why it made no sense to not include some of them (at least the Wise commentary) on DVD, so if we ultimately contributed to making that happen and only eight months delay resulted, I'd say that was worth it.

It would be another nice case of Fox responding quickly to those kinds of concerns for which I salute them (recalling also their experience in fixing the missing Exit Music glitch on "Cleopatra").

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
it does say that Wise's commentary is included along with the "Star! THe Sound of a Legend" original 1968 featurette.

Is the commentary good ?

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Quote:
DVD File states that Fox has slated STAR! for 4/20
Thanks, my sister will be thrilled! :)

RafaelB

Second Unit
The Wise commentary is very good, although I've only heard about half of it from the laserdisc (it is kind of a long movie).

Robert Wise is always someone worth listening to IMO. :)

Rafael.

TonyDale

Second Unit
Shouldn't the aspect ratio of STAR! be 2.2:1 if it was taken from the 70mm roadshow edition? Or is a 35mm?

Personally, I love the cover art for ROXIE HART!

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
The Foxstore is shipping STAR! now (nothing like a studio breaking it's own street date) If you use the coupon code in the Coupons and Bargains Forum (mp4a) you can get it for $6 and change shipped.

Hold on to your laserdiscs, though, as it looks like only a few of the supplements have been ported over to the DVD. The DVD supplements are as follows: Full-length audio commentary by director Robert Wise; "STAR! The Sound of a Legend" Original Production Featurette; "Silver Star" 25th Anniversary Featurette; Julie Andrews and Daniel Massey Screen Test; Still Galleries, Trailers and TV Spots.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Is this one finally coming next week? Did anyone get it early yet? I'm really excited about this one.:emoji_thumbsup:

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Quote:
Is this one finally coming next week? Did anyone get it early yet? I'm really excited about this one.
I received my copy on March 30. Audio quality was very good but I was a little disappointed with the video transfer from Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks