What's new

Stan Lee passed away (1 Viewer)

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I wonder if it was because they filmed in Quebec. That's a long way for him to travel from Los Angeles.

For an ordinary citizen taking a commercial flight it would be, but I bet Stan had full access to a luxury private jet and limos to get around, so I don't think it would have been too tough of a gig to do. But you never know.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Bill Maher just doesn't get it.
https://www.indiewire.com/2018/11/bill-maher-comic-books-dumb-culture-stan-lee-1202022761/

“I am agnostic on Stan Lee,” Maher said. “I don’t read comic books. I didn’t even read them when I was a child. What I was saying is, a culture that thinks that comic books and comic book movies are profound meditations on the human condition is a dumb fucking culture. And for people to get mad at that just proves my point.”

First of all, just because it is a comic book does not mean it is poorly written. Secondly if he never read comics how the hell can he bash them? Amazing that this "know it all" can be so stupid.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
For an ordinary citizen taking a commercial flight it would be, but I bet Stan had full access to a luxury private jet and limos to get around, so I don't think it would have been too tough of a gig to do. But you never know.
He had a lot of leeches after his money the last several years, so I don't think he was nearly as wealthy as one might think. So any accommodations for travel would have been at the studio's discretion.

For the more recent MCU movies, they'd been filming multiple cameos back-to-back against greenscreen, at a location convenient to him. I don't think he was doing much travel at all toward the end. Since Dark Phoenix is a Fox production, there probably wasn't that same arrangement in place.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
He had a lot of leeches after his money the last several years, so I don't think he was nearly as wealthy as one might think. So any accommodations for travel would have been at the studio's discretion.

For the more recent MCU movies, they'd been filming multiple cameos back-to-back against greenscreen, at a location convenient to him. I don't think he was doing much travel at all toward the end. Since Dark Phoenix is a Fox production, there probably wasn't that same arrangement in place.
I'm curious as to whether his cameo in Venom was actually filmed in San Francisco or if it was greenscreen done at Sony Studios in Culver City.

This is purely a guess, but the recent MCU cameos were probably shot on the Disney lot in Burbank. I'm surprised Fox didn't offer to do the same for him on one of their soundstages in Century City.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks