What's new

Spotify, Bluetooth and HDMI (1 Viewer)

Aivan

Auditioning
Real Name
Ivan
Hi guys, i'm new in the home theater world and I have so many questions but I want to start with something simple.

I have an Onkyo av receiver (to be honest a cheap one, I plan to improve it next year) I use it mainly to listen to music and I want to get the best out of it.

My question is, when I stream music in Spotify or play music from a Pc how should my pc volume (and Spotify or vcl media volume) should be in order to avoid distortion? I've noticed that when I play music from a USB (mostly .flac files) connected directly to the receiver it sounds way better than if I play it on my pc and pass it through an HDMI or via Bluetooth.

I use Spotify to listen to new bands and sometimes is difficult to get their music on a proper quality

I hope you can help me with this one

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ivan:

Welcome to the HTF! :welcome:

I'm sure some experts will be along shortly to give some advice. If not, I'll check back in and move your thread over to our music sub-forum.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Since you haven't received any responses, I'll try to contribute something. Is it anything more complicated than "garbage in, garbage out?" I've never streamed music, but I suspect your standard services are highly compressed, and bluetooth will never be high quality, as far as I understand. I just wonder if it has nothing to do with how the music is being played, rather than the difference in the quality of what is being played.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You may want to try using a streaming box of some sort that supports Spotify and attach that to your receiver. It looks like Apple TV, Google Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV all have apps for Spotify. The app for Roku was recently removed for "improvements". I don't use the service myself, so cannot tell you which option would be best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks