What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
ARCAM has announced four new home theater models, the AVR11 ($3,050), AVR21 ($4,700), and AVR31 ($6,900) receivers, and the AV41 processor ($5,250), all available this month. All four models include HDMI 2.1 with HDCP2.3 for 8K at 60fps or 4K at 120fps, along with support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. Naturally, audio specs include Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro-3D audio formats, and room correction is provided by Dirac Live.
The receivers and preamp also support Apple Airplay2, Google Chromecast, Bluetooth with aptX HD, Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect, Roon, and MQA, and include dual ESS9026PRO audiophile DACs and ESS reference voltage regulators. The lower-priced AVR11 and AVR21 have seven channels of Class AB power amplification, rated at 7 x 85 watts (all channels driven) and 7 x 110 watts (all channels driven), respectively. The AVR11 features native 12-channel decoding, while the AVR21 adds a further four channels. The flagship AVR31 receiver, meanwhile, carries seven channels of...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Thanks for posting this Martin. I'm tempted to give them a shot at some point soon, as my Anthem AVM60 is getting a little older now and I'm eager to give Dirac another swing with a year of improvements on board.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was reading about Arcam's Class G amps, and it sounds essentially the same as Class H, though possibly with a higher Class A bias. That's the detail they are a little cagey about. Any input on that @Dave Upton or @Martin Dew ?

I really wouldn't mind giving a premium preamp a try, but ouch.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I was reading about Arcam's Class G amps, and it sounds essentially the same as Class H, though possibly with a higher Class A bias. That's the detail they are a little cagey about. Any input on that @Dave Upton or @Martin Dew ?

I really wouldn't mind giving a premium preamp a try, but ouch.
I tend to bucket good class D/H/G amps together for the most part, and let my ears decide if they're any good these days. For now, I still have my trusty D-Sonics.

It's a pricey pre-pro for sure, but in the grand scheme may be worth it for a very reliable product. I have been slow rolling any upgrades on that front because I want to be future proofed for 4K in 4:4:4 at 120Hz as my minimum - but the first round of chips that supported this were not very good.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Thanks for posting this Martin. I'm tempted to give them a shot at some point soon, as my Anthem AVM60 is getting a little older now and I'm eager to give Dirac another swing with a year of improvements on board.
That could work out perfectly as I'm tempted to give the AVM60 a try at some point. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks