What's new

Pre-Order Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The French version appears to be region B. Is there a all region 3D?
Assuming we're back to talking about Spider-Man, we're hoping the German release is all-region, but I haven't seen it confirmed yet. But it's from Sony and their recent German 3D of Venom was all-region, so it seems like a safe bet.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The French version appears to be region B. Is there a all region 3D?

Well -- 99.44% chance all of them will be region free

Appears to be locked if are going by the most unreliable source of information (a retailer website). Amazon is about 25% accurate just by sheer luck b/c 25% of major studio preorders are region locked -- sometimes they change in production items, but most of the time they just leave it as whatever region it originated. Zavvi isn;t any better nor is any website. Ask Sony or Amazon and the phone receptionist will read what's on the website -- they don't know anything about Region Coding.

Sony items distributed by Sony both in US and EU have always been region free -- I can't find a single exception.
No way to 100% confirm until there's actually a disc to check, but no reason to believe this will be the first exception in 8 years.

Short of in-person testing of a disc, studios distributor is the best predictor of region locking.
Warner, Sony, Universal, Paramount are almost always region free for their own films when the control the discs in the US and EU.
Disney items Filmed/produced since mid 2010 are region free. Production from before mid 2010 (Sorc Apprentice was the last to be locked) are about 2/3 Free, 1/3 locked.

Whoever distributes US Lionsgate in other regions is pretty much 100% locked with few exceptions

Fox seems to have always been 50/50.

Independent, Smaller studios, or foreign productions who contract with Sony or Warner to distribute their films often only in EU are more likely to be locked.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Thanks. I 'm leaning towards ordering the French release but since I still have some time, I'll wait to see if more definite news surfaces regarding region locking. If not, then I'll pull the trigger. As David stated, the Sony releases have historically been region free so the odds favor me I guess.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I think it odd that at Wal-Mart, all three versions were available DVD, BD, and 4K (love the different artwork for each) The first two had nice slip covers, none of the 4K copies had one. Weird, the most expensive looked the cheapest.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wound up buying it yesterday, impulse buy for a demo day today :) now I have to watch it soon to justify paying $30. If I haven’t watched it when it drops to $20 on Black Friday I’ll be annoyed with myself. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think it odd that at Wal-Mart, all three versions were available DVD, BD, and 4K (love the different artwork for each) The first two had nice slip covers, none of the 4K copies had one. Weird, the most expensive looked the cheapest.

Why is it odd? All three versions are at all retailers.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
EFBED57D-B412-4A8B-8C11-2A52EF33506C.jpeg
Ok I didn’t see the 4K slipcover part. Bought mine at Walmart.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I knew there had to be a slipcover for it. Which makes the four copies I saw at my local Wal-Mart without even more curious.

Reports from a lot of stores without slipcovers. Online orders from Amazon and Walmart and WM Vudu orders have mostly been a mixed bag. The stores it seems regional. Best Buy seems to be getting slipcovers on most online orders, but even in stores people are reports some with/some without.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I ordered two copies - one from Amazon and one from Target. The Target copy had a slipcover. The Amazon copy was naked.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The average price (mainly super hero films) on E-Bay is between $5-$10, and from what I have witnessed, they always sell at those prices.
It's been a while since I've really looked but it seemed like the 'nerd' movies were generally expensive (for a piece of paper anyway). Maybe more people wised up and started selling them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks