What's new

Pre-Order Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am not a Spider-Man fan.

I am not a huge fan of animated movies.

But you know what? This title has been getting a lot of hype and I just watched the 4k trailer on YouTube.

I am going to buy this blindly on 4k.

Now, usually, I would go for the 3D release over the 4k, but something tells me this is going to be the definitive demo disc for my new 4k projector.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The 4K is only definitive if the encoding on the disc is taken from a 4K master. If it is taken from a 2K master and upconverted then I would say it is hard to call it definitive as far as showing off 4K goes. So far the thing I have been impressed with the most on 4K is the expanded colour depth, not so much the resolution.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Pre-ordered this from Amazon Germany. Now to see if it actually comes out. I did the same thing for HTTYD 3, but that one supposedly doesn't come out until December of this year. Also, ordered a few other films in 3D that were already released.

December is a placeholder date. When the official date drops it will update -- so far two other EU countries list late May and Early July so I'm guessing Germany will likely be mid June

I am not a Spider-Man fan.

I am not a huge fan of animated movies.

But you know what? This title has been getting a lot of hype and I just watched the 4k trailer on YouTube.

I am going to buy this blindly on 4k.

Now, usually, I would go for the 3D release over the 4k, but something tells me this is going to be the definitive demo disc for my new 4k projector.

Also the option of the 4K+3D packs -- France as they commonly do have a couple (early May) as does India (march 31)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The 4K is only definitive if the encoding on the disc is taken from a 4K master. If it is taken from a 2K master and upconverted then I would say it is hard to call it definitive as far as showing off 4K goes. So far the thing I have been impressed with the most on 4K is the expanded colour depth, not so much the resolution.

I am going to cancel my Amazon order and wait for reviews on whether this is a true 4k release.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The vudu + thing doesn’t work for me, I don’t like paying $30 for a disc.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The vudu + thing doesn’t work for me, I don’t like paying $30 for a disc.
It’s $27.96 and likely most retailers will be at the same price.

Look at it this way. You could always resell the disc.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Oh I know that. With tax it’s $30.
I can wait.

I saw it at the movies and I loved it but still more then I want to spend on a disc.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oh I know that. With tax it’s $30.
I can wait.

I saw it at the movies and I loved it but still more then I want to spend on a disc.
I'm waiting until the Black Friday sales. I'll probably have my second viewing of it this week as an AMC A-List choice.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just canceled my order. Will wait for reviews first and then a sale.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just canceled my order. Will wait for reviews first and then a sale.
I would've waited for a sale too, but not for the reason you cancelled your order. From my experience, getting caught up in buying just true 4K releases is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Some of the best 4K/UHD discs I have are derived from 2K sourced material.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I would've waited for a sale too, but not for the reason you cancelled your order. From my experience, getting caught up in buying just true 4K releases is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Some of the best 4K/UHD discs I have are derived from 2K sourced material.

I couldn't agree more Robert.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I haven’t ever done this, but I may need to reconsider.
Just be aware that if there is something wrong with your shipment -- such as it being damaged or Vudu sending you the incorrect item -- that Vudu has absolutely no mechanism in place to resolve the issue. I used this program to buy a couple of seasons of Game of Thrones on BD. They incorrectly sent the DVD version for one of the seasons (with no included digital copy code either). After getting bounced between Vudu and Walmart customer service several times, the Vudu service rep finally said he would "escalate the issue". There has been an open ticket on my account about the issue since last July with no movement. I got the charge revoked on my credit card many months ago, so I'm now just curious to see how long that open issue stays on my account with no updates.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ve watched SMITSV a few times now in 4K/Atmos on iTunes and it is spectacular.

It looks tremendous in 4K and sounds amazing in Atmos.

Worth every penny

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

Pretty much identical conversations back when -- Real 3D or Fake 3D. Not counting the Classic 3D and a couple IMAX type discs, almost all the best 3D Movies ended up being the Fake Converted 3D items. So far I've found fairly minimal correlation between quality of the image and the Real/Fake 4K

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cancelled the German pre-order for the 3D Blu-ray and pre-ordered the 4K/3D combo on the French site. I hope it pans out.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I just saw this tonight for the first time and absolutely loved it. I admired it not only for its story, but its style, to say nothing of the visual language the film creates. It will be worthy of repeated viewings for years to come.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Cancelled the German pre-order for the 3D Blu-ray and pre-ordered the 4K/3D combo on the French site. I hope it pans out.

Edwin,

Could you kindly provide a link? What was the cost in U.S.?

I would consider buying that combo since it has 3D included.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Edwin,

Could you kindly provide a link? What was the cost in U.S.?

I would consider buying that combo since it has 3D included.

Linky:

https://www.amazon.fr/Spider-Man-Ne...8185&sr=8-1&keywords=into+the+spider-verse+4k

Right now the site is showing it selling for 30 Euro. That is about $34 US according to the www.xe.com site that I use to get a rough idea of exchange costs. That price may go down between now and release. Assuming that the release pans out. it is even worse in the Canadian pesos that I use, about $45. I'm not sure, I'll ever get 45 bucks worth of use out it but....what the hell......it is not like I'm going to be taking money with me. In this case, I'll make an exception. I'll support 4K/3D combo releases as much as I can as long as I think that the film will interest me.

I also preordered the 4K/3D combo of "Mortal Engines". Link below. Although, I'm not sure tha flick will interest you. I wasn't able to see it in the theatre, so it will be a blind buy for me.

https://www.amazon.fr/Mortal-Engine...51538969&sr=8-1&keywords=mortal+engines+4k+3d

It is listed for the same price as "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks