What's new

Speaker wire installation (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I am going to run 12 gauge wire through the crawl space from one side of the room to the other. I was thinking of using these to make it look nice:

/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F002%5F008%5F000&product%5Fid=40%2D988
(I had to take out the start of the URL because I'm a new user. Just put in radioshack's site address before all that)

has anyone ever used them? Will they degrade signal at all?

TimPaul

Auditioning
Kyle,

I think that you would have some real difficulties jamming 12G wire into those wall plates and in any case I think that there is a better solution.

I would use these

/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F007%5F002%5F008%5F000&product%5Fid=40%2D983 (Same idea, insert radioshack address)

They would give you more options (banana plugs, spades, etc) for connecting your speakers and easily handle 12G wire.

Cheers,

Tim

KyleC

Supporting Actor
The ends of my speaker wire is frayed and not an actual plug. The back of my receiver has the push down ports for the speaker wire and not plug in ports. Is there a way to modify my wire to work on that face plate?

TimPaul

Auditioning
Kyle,

Those plates are, at their most basic, quite high quality binding posts and can be used a such. I know the pictures on the Radio Shack website make it difficult to see; however, you can simply unscrew it, place the wire in the slot and then tighten the clamp back up. No need to use banana plugs or anything else. I use the banana plugs simply for a clean look and convenience.

Cheers,

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks