What's new

Speaker stand height? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I was wondering, my couch is 31' total height. I'm looking at elevating my rear speakers and in my case speaker stands are the only option. I've stumbled across two deals that look fairly reasonable and I'm willing to do either one as long as they secure and elevate my speakers. I need help though deciding which stands I should go for so if someone here could please give me some advice on which they think is a better set-up.
Deal #1: Radioshack has a pair of stands that adjust from 31' to 48.' I understand the dolby website says you should place your rear speakers preferably 2 or 3 foot above your head this only places them about a foot above my head.
Deal #2: CC is offering some stands that are 16' tall which elevates my speakers off the floor but not as much as the RadioShack deal.
Those are the two deals I'm looking at, which do you guys think would be better. I'm personally shooting for the Radioshack offer. What do you guys think? sorry for such a long winded post but I need some help. Thanks.
-Keith-

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Have you considered a wall mounting bracket? If not, you can get everything you need to make stands yourself at home depot and make them whatever height you want.

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,
I have had good luck using A/V media towers as surround speaker stands. These measure 10"W x 8"D x 60"H. Available at Ames for $29.99.
Cliff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks