What's new

Speaker Setup (1 Viewer)

vitoF

Auditioning
The 5.1 speakers I just received were FREE, so don't laugh. The satellites are all the same (2.25"). I have no idea what the frequency response on any of them are. I have a Yamaha HTR 5830 receiver with a fixed sub crossover at 90. I have a Yamaha YST SW215 sub that I have the crossover set at max to allow the receiver to handle bass management. I admit the satellites are cheap, but I put on "Saving Private Ryan" and it was awesome. My windows where shaking. Do you experts have any tweaking ideas on the satellites and sub? 2 satellites at ear level on each side of a 27" Sony Vega 8.5 ft away. (TV is 3 ft off the floor) Center channel just above the TV, 9 ft away. 2 surrounds about 6 inches behind on the sides 4ft away, ear level, facing listening position. Sub is on the floor to the left of TV, toed in a bit.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
You might put the surrounds above ear level. The reason for this is so if you're sitting next to someone their head won't block as much of the sound. If you have a "normal" ceiling then a decent rule of thumb is 2-3 feet below the ceiling.

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
I'd suggest that angle your center speaker toward your ears. It should not matter if it is placed above or below your TV.

There should also be no reason to toe-in your sub (unlike floor-standing front speakers). If you want more bass, try putting the sub in your seat, then walk around the room and see where it sounds best, then put it there. It will probably be in a corner of your room, either in front of or behind your seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks