What's new

Speaker settings. (1 Viewer)

Merimac Hamwich

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, so I am still trying to setup my system properly. It's all Paradigm.

Monitor 5's up front
CC370 center
Mini Monitors in the rear
PS1000 for a woofer.
Sherwood Newcastle R-863T Reciever

According to my manual, I am to set the fronts to large if they can accurately reproduce sounds below 80hz. Now I am not completely sure what mine are capable of, although I believe they can handle the 80hz and below.

Link Removed

Can anyone confirm this for me, so I feel more confident that I am making the correct decision?

Also, if set to large, where do you think I should set the crossover to the sub? 60hz?

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
"On Axis (0°) ±2dB from 56Hz - 20kHz / Off Axis (30°) ±2dB from 56Hz - 18kHz"

Meaning yes they play below 80Hz. I suggest you listen to your mains at large AND at small to see which sounds better to you.

also play around with the xover setting for the sub.

remember, we all here at HTF can tell you what to do, but the only person it will affect is you. so you set it up how you want and how its best for YOU, not just cause it says so in the manual. but its always good to have a beginning point.

Rick Cohen

Agent
Chances are with the low end of the speaker rolling off at 58hz per the speaker specs, you should be setting the receiver speaker setting to small. The cutoff at 80hz is not a step it rolls off gradually. The speaker will still be called on to reproduce some output from 80hz to 60hz.

If you like the way it sounds on large it will do not harm. It is really your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks