What's new

Speaker "salesmen" still using a white van (1 Viewer)

Phil Volk

Grip
buying speakers without extensive comparative demos is pathetic, I wouldn't buy any speakers unless I had done some thurough listening to many other brands at the same price point....people who buy these "white van" speakers (or bose or anything sold "on-line only") aught to realize they are being marketed to, and are buying the hype....

Vasanth B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm embarassed to report that I was a victim of this scam. Now, I post here next to my living room with a Denon 1802 setup & PSB Image 1B setup. When I was a sophomore in college, I wasn't as savy. I was walking to school when I was approached by two young guys in a white van. Luckily I only got taken for $180 for the pair but at the time I felt pretty stupid for falling for the scam. I gave them to a friend of mine...they didn't sound very good but at least they worked. I lost touch with the friend and so haven't seen or thought about that until I read this thread.:D

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I was approached by two guys in a Best Buy parking lot over the weekend. The business must be good because these guys didn't have a white van but a Ford Expedition. Told them I wasn't interested. I didn't even bother to find out what brand they were unloading.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
As long as their are uninformed people who are looking for a "bargain", there will always be the white van speaker salesmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks