What's new

speaker placement (1 Viewer)

I just ordered a 5.1 surround system. I want to mount the speakers on the wall using speaker brackets, but i'm not sure where i should put the speakers. Should I mount them on the front and back wall or in the corners of the room since it is a 9X9 bedroom?

John S

Senior HTF Member
You just want to do it without some experiementation?

Hard call, some speakers may very well be more suited to a certain position over any other postition.

It is something I would have to audition, before making a final choice on.

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I always liked the rule of thumb...

that however far you sit from the "source" well screen or center channel in this case. IS how far your mains should be apart. So if you sit about 7' from the TV (assuming your center is right there), then your L/R mains should be 7' from each other.

This isn't anything exact, but I find it a good reference when you are strapped for space or aren't going completely out to set the HT up absolutely perfectly.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
dolby.com speaker placement article

make sure your front speakers are as close to ear-level as possible. your rears are *generally* up-and-behind, but this can vary.

golden rule here: EXPERIMENT.

believe it or not, at my apartment i had my rear speakers on the floor, firing upwards. that sounded the best to me....and fit what i was trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks