What's new

Speaker Placement Advise (1 Viewer)

Randy:S

Auditioning
I'm currently in the process of designing my built-in entertainment center. The problem is I have a fireplace and media niches on each side. Where is the best location for bookshelf speakers?. One speaker on each media niche or both speakers in one media niche where the t.v is located?

Dean_S

Second Unit
It depends on a many factors. Is this for 2-ch stereo or home theater??? Typically for 2-ch you want the speakers spaced far enough apart to form an equilateral triangle with your favorite seat. By default, without any extra data to work from I'd say put a speaker on each side to fireplace...but I would almost need a drawing of the room (including seating) to help much more then that.

Auditioning
This mainly for Home theater. The t.v will be to right of the fireplace and the seating, sofa in front of the fireplace against the back wall and a sofa to the left

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Recessed speakers won't image well, and will likely cause an unnatural boost in the lower to mid frequency range. Get them on stands and out into the room, at least two feet off the front wall, and with the tweeters at or just above ear level.

EDIT: tiny changes make big differences. Don't settle on any position until you've lived with it awhile.

Auditioning
Unfortunately, I am unable to place the speakers on stands. I have three kids and fear that they'll knock the speakers over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks