What's new

Speaker help? (1 Viewer)

dsc5050

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
Hi. I am new to the forum and am basically looking for some assistance. I am a college student just getting into audio. I am looking for some information and help.

Ok so I listened to some speakers at my local speaker shop and really liked the Paradigms they had there....Then I went to circuit city a month ago or so when they were having their blow out sale and was listening to the klipsch synergy series. After listening to the synergy series I decided to purchase to Synergy S-2 surrounds they were 200 bucks for the pair and I was like for half price why not. However, I did not have the money for the fronts at the time or the center... which were of higher price and I told that the fronts and centers are more important and have to match more so then the rears.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend me some fronts and centers for around 100 dollars are speaker either that or just fronts as I have heard the center is not the most vital speaker to have right away.

I am thinking of purchasing some used paradigm atoms for my fronts? Anyone have any good insight...

Thanks

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
Welcome! I'm just gonna jump in here to get things started. Although you've heard the center isn't the most vital to have right away, it is extremely important that you get mains that you can match a center later , if thats the way you choose to go. So, if you get the Paradigm Atoms, be sure to get the Paradigm center speaker that matchs up to the left & right speaker. In other words, from the same series. Im not familiar with the Paradigm series so I can't help you in that respect. However, I'm know we have lots of people here who can help you with that and probably have the Atoms. Keep in mind too, that speaker selection is extremely personal. So, what sounds good to me, may not sound so great to you. Go out and listen to a lot of speakers and choose what sounds best to you. You are going to be the one listening to them.

SHS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
scott
Paradigm and Klipsh are very different sounding speakers. I would say that usually it makes little difference to match the side and or rear surrounds to the front speakers. You may actually hear quite a bit of difference between the two you are considering. Klipsh produces decent products and IMO Paradigm produces better souding speakers. The major difference here is the way they reproduce the high frequencies.

You may actually hear the difference in the Paradigms, which are considered rather "mellow" compared to the somewhat harsh highs of the Klipsh.

It is something to consider and you may actually set up speakers at a BB or other speaker shop that has Klipsh's and hopefully Paradigms to set up near each other. (yes I know BB does not carry Paradigm) However you could simulate this by using another neutral or "mellow" sounding speaker along with the Klipsh.

I would think twice before mixing the two brands before you listen to a simulated setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks