Speaker decision....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Meaux, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

I've come to the realization that my JBL Control Monitors (4312C) and Studio Monitors (4410) are too large for decent placement in a large room. I love the way they sound but can't get a decent arrangement without mounting them on the walls, (too big). Is there anything out there (wall mounted)that can come close to the "in your face sound" I'm gettin now? The room is actually 22'x 22' w/ odd openings and colums on one side etc.

Equip:

Adcom GTP-550 pre-amp

Adcom 7000 5 ch. amp 130w X 5

Adcom 555 200wpc sub amp

2 12" Optimus subs

2 JBL 12" Control Monitors L&R

2 JBL 10" Studio Monitors rears

2 DCM CX-07 Centers

3 Aural exciters

Toshiba 50H81

Bose in not a consideration.

Thanks.

2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

What is your budget and are there any restrictions on the speakers? (For example, tower, bookshelf, size, local store only or internet okay, etc.?)

3. Meaux

Meaux Stunt Coordinator

Bryan,

I think I'm gonna have to go with a wall mount speaker on brackets. :-( I have a set of "control 1's"w/ subwoofer (JBL) and they just won't cut it. As far as dollars go, I'll have to see what I can get for a pr. of Maggies (1.5 QR) so I guess I'm in the $1500 range. I might be sellin the JBL's also.

Thanks,

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Meaux - since you like the JBL Pro Audio Monitor Sound, I recommend auditioning the JBL S36, which are wall mountable. Here's the official JBL S36 news release from dba newsline (6 January 2000)