What's new

Speaker decision.... (1 Viewer)

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
I've come to the realization that my JBL Control Monitors (4312C) and Studio Monitors (4410) are too large for decent placement in a large room. I love the way they sound but can't get a decent arrangement without mounting them on the walls, (too big). Is there anything out there (wall mounted)that can come close to the "in your face sound" I'm gettin now? The room is actually 22'x 22' w/ odd openings and colums on one side etc.

Equip:

Adcom GTP-550 pre-amp

Adcom 7000 5 ch. amp 130w X 5

Adcom 555 200wpc sub amp

2 12" Optimus subs

2 JBL 12" Control Monitors L&R

2 JBL 10" Studio Monitors rears

2 DCM CX-07 Centers

3 Aural exciters

Toshiba 50H81

Bose in not a consideration.

Thanks.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
What is your budget and are there any restrictions on the speakers? (For example, tower, bookshelf, size, local store only or internet okay, etc.?)

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
Bryan,

I think I'm gonna have to go with a wall mount speaker on brackets. :-( I have a set of "control 1's"w/ subwoofer (JBL) and they just won't cut it. As far as dollars go, I'll have to see what I can get for a pr. of Maggies (1.5 QR) so I guess I'm in the $1500 range. I might be sellin the JBL's also.

Thanks,

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Meaux - since you like the JBL Pro Audio Monitor Sound, I recommend auditioning the JBL S36, which are wall mountable. Here's the official JBL S36 news release from dba newsline (6 January 2000)
Paul Bente, JBL Brand Manager, noted: "Initial response to our new Studio Series from the industry and consumers alike has been absolutely sensational-and we are extremely gratified the CEA has recognized our design efforts, by bestowing its coveted Innovations 2000 Design and Engineering Award to JBL's Studio Series S38 and S412P loudspeakers. And the new Studio Series S36 broadens our efforts to provide consumers with true studio-quality sound in their home-entertainment systems, with a compact, wall-mountable monitor that is ideal for value-conscious listeners with limited space and budgets."
The Studio Series incorporates technologies and design innovations used in JBL recording studio monitors.
Mark Knight (Digital Vortex) bought six JBL S-36's & one S-Center (sub = Twin SVS Subs) for his 6.1 HT Setup, and you can follow this link to read his Speaker review. The JBL S36 (& S38) is based on the JBL LSR32 Linear Spatial Reference Studio Monitor.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks