What's new

Southern Cross DVD problems (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just watched my brother's Super Dimensional Calvary Southern Cross DVD set and have noticed a lot of errors. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar with their sets.

Below is a list of the errors.

Disc 1
Episode 5:
Right after the preview for the next episode started, the image froze for a few seconds then stopped playing. A "Disc Error" message was displayed on screen. (But it didn't do this on my brothers player.)

Disc 4
Episode 16:
At the end of the episode (right before the end credits), the picture starts getting messed up. During this scene, every frame looks like it is a blended frame from a 24fps to 29.97fps conversion. That is, every frame looks like it is made of two frames. (Normally, I think this should only occur every 4 or 5 frames.) Starts at 0:22:36 and lasts until the beginning of the end credits. This error begins again during the preview for the next episode and lasts for the entire preview.

Episode 18:
Freezes during ending credits. Couldn't play past that point. (Had to turn DVD player off and on again to continue to next episode.) (Again, this problem only happened on my player and not my brother's.)

Episode 19:
Opening credits froze for a few seconds than continued playing from a point a few seconds later.
17:50, same blended frame problem as ep. 16. The problem stops at the ending credits, but starts again at the preview for next episode and lasts the entire preview.

Episode 22:
Froze during end credits. Couldn't play past that point. (Had to turn DVD player off and on again.) (This problem was only on my player, not my brother's.)

Episode 23:
Opening credits froze for a few seconds than continued playing from a point a few seconds later. (This problem was only on my player again.)

I have a Sampo DVE911 DVD player, and my brother has a Pioneer player. (I think the model number has 333 in it.)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
My brother received his replacement Southern Cross DVD set recently. The problem with the discs freezing is fixed but the other problems remain.

Here are the problems that are still on the replacement set, as I described them in my original post.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks