What's new

Sony Wega Question and Help Needed (1 Viewer)

Brian Mrugala

Auditioning
In regards to the KV-36FS12, can someone please walk me through getting into the service menu and adjusting the verticle position. When I use the THX setup on the T2 DVD, I noticed that my picture is shifted left. I have read a little about the service menu and I must admit, Im a little nervous about screwing up my TV. So, I am looking for someone with a little experience to maybe give me a step by step how to correct this.
Second, when the screen is displaying all black during a DVD, I have noticed that the picture is a little darker on the left side of the screen from top to bottom, about the 3 inches thick, especially when watching DVDs with the Component Video Input. I was wondering if the is pretty common with the Wegas? Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix? I purchased the TV through 800.com in November of 2000, so I think the warranty is up.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Carlos_R

Grip
Brian
do a search on wegas, your questions have been answered
in prior replies.
you might consider ordering the service manual for your set from Sony, the cost is less than 10.00.
to answer your second question: if you reduce the SBRT setting down 4 notches it should reduce the brightness.
also set black level (Y-DC) TO 0.
set your AXPL setting to 1 (disables red push)
their are additional settings you can chg. to improve your picture, do a search.
finally calibrate your set using an AVIA disk.
(800.com has it for 24.99)
good luck
carlos_r

Chris Demaree

Stunt Coordinator
Brian, I just received the maintenance manual for my kv36-fv26. The same manual also covers the kv36-fs12. It was only $13 shipped from Sony. It arrived within 2 weeks. Here is the information on how to order it:
Sony Electronics Inc.
World Repair Parts Center
8281 N.W. 107th
Terrace Kansas City, MO 64153 USA
(800) 488-7669 (USA Only) -or- (800) 345-7669
(816) 891-7550
(816) 891-2580 (Fax)
44-1-71-911-8700 (UK)
I gave them a call, they asked for the model number of the tv and I now have the information I was looking for (plus TONS of information I hope I will never need ..transistor descriptions etc.) Once I recieve my AVIA DVD, within the next few days, I will adjust the picture and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks