What's new

sony projector hook up (1 Viewer)

rob virgo

Auditioning
please help me with my first project,i am from Ireland and ht is not that big over here yet.
i have installed this machine (vph 1271qm) and am wondering whats the best way to connect it.s video or rgb.have a componet out on pioneer dvd but it wont take it.the rgb inputs have extra letters to and when i connect them i only get one colour.

where are the experts

rob

;)

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Does either the projector or the DVD player have a manual selection for "RGB/YUV" or "RGB/YPbPr"? If not you need a component video input RGB output transcoder (you can think of that as a breakout cable with a box in the middle).

Either the DVD player must be set to RGB or the projector must be set to Y-Pb-Pr component video in order for a plain cable to work.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/compon.htm

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
rob: as noted, you can't use component input into this machine. You can use s-video/composite temporarily, but you really should be feeding it HD-type resolutions via RGB inputs. Note that RGB is *not* the same as component video. To use component video, you'd need a transcoder, but even then I strongly recommend you use a source appropriate for this projector, that outputs upscaled video, such as via a video processor or an HTPC.

rob virgo

Auditioning
thanks for the great replys guys,im into cars not ht so feelin my way.

chris ,
but even then I strongly recommend you use a source appropriate for this projector, that outputs upscaled video, such as via a video processor or an HTPC.
are these the multiplyers i have heard about.any names i could do a serch on.

cheers from Ireland

;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks