What's new

sony projector hook up (1 Viewer)

rob virgo

Auditioning
please help me with my first project,i am from Ireland and ht is not that big over here yet.
i have installed this machine (vph 1271qm) and am wondering whats the best way to connect it.s video or rgb.have a componet out on pioneer dvd but it wont take it.the rgb inputs have extra letters to and when i connect them i only get one colour.

where are the experts

rob

;)

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Does either the projector or the DVD player have a manual selection for "RGB/YUV" or "RGB/YPbPr"? If not you need a component video input RGB output transcoder (you can think of that as a breakout cable with a box in the middle).

Either the DVD player must be set to RGB or the projector must be set to Y-Pb-Pr component video in order for a plain cable to work.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/compon.htm

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
rob: as noted, you can't use component input into this machine. You can use s-video/composite temporarily, but you really should be feeding it HD-type resolutions via RGB inputs. Note that RGB is *not* the same as component video. To use component video, you'd need a transcoder, but even then I strongly recommend you use a source appropriate for this projector, that outputs upscaled video, such as via a video processor or an HTPC.

rob virgo

Auditioning
thanks for the great replys guys,im into cars not ht so feelin my way.

chris ,
but even then I strongly recommend you use a source appropriate for this projector, that outputs upscaled video, such as via a video processor or an HTPC.
are these the multiplyers i have heard about.any names i could do a serch on.

cheers from Ireland

;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks