What's new

Sony won't go home (1 Viewer)

Lenny b

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan balchin
Hey guys, iv just brought a sony ubp x700 blu ray player, This is hooked up to a Sony str dn1080 receiver which then goes on to a benq tk800m projector..Now im happy with the sound and picture but I can't get the blu ray to home , iv tried it on my tv and it works fine so this is telling me it's a hdmi setting problem..can any one help ? Thanks

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Alan,

Welcome to the forum. :) Can you explain your problem again? Are you talking about not being able to get the Blu-ray to return to the disc menu?

Lenny b

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan balchin
Alan,

Welcome to the forum. :) Can you explain your problem again? Are you talking about not being able to get the Blu-ray to return to the disc menu?
Thank you, no the sony has a home screen where the main menu is , so you push the home button on the remote and the screen just stays blank, almost as if the hdmi is seeing nothing but in the top corner it says source detected, now I know it's there as I connected it to my tv without a problem..

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thank you, no the sony has a home screen where the main menu is , so you push the home button on the remote and the screen just stays blank, almost as if the hdmi is seeing nothing but in the top corner it says source detected, now I know it's there as I connected it to my tv without a problem..
I'd be willing to bet you don't have premium certified cables going from the player to the receiver and from the receiver to the TV.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Make sure your 4K premium certified cables have the following tags:

1589749738411.png

Lenny b

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan balchin
Thank you for your reply but I found the projector didn't like the hdmi going into the 2.2 port, once I went into the other hdmi port the problem was solved.. I know the 2.2 port is better but I dont have the knowledge to make it work ,but I'm happy with the picture and the atmos works well...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks