What's new

Sony STR-DH500 Setup Help (1 Viewer)

Dev62

Auditioning
Real Name
Devon Clark
Hey all,

a friend just recently gave me his Sony home theater system and I was wondering if i could seek assistance on the audio front. I have 4 speakers hooked up via the surround sound ports on the back via speaker wire. I also have 4 HDMI devices hooked up and I have the HDMI output going to my projector. It seemed to work great, I got audio and video from my roommate's PS4 and I was really happy. Then I tried my PS4 and I got video but no audio, i also tried my nintendo switch to similar results. I thought that maybe my friend that had it previous to me maybe had some weird audio selection settings so i factory reset the theater system and still nothing on my PS4. My roommate's PS4's audio stopped working as well but this time the audio for the nintendo switch started working. I have tried messing with the audio settings on it but to be really honest I have no clue what I am doing and would really appreciate some help : ). My friend who had it before me did not have this issue because he only had a single audio device.

Thanks,
Devon

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So you’re connecting four HDMI sources to a receiver that only has three HDMI inputs?

Assuming the questionable devices are connected via HDMI, it’s possible some of the HDMI inputs are bad. Try connecting the questionable devices to an input you know works properly.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks