What's new

Sony launches Columbia-Classics website (1 Viewer)

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Bob Cashill

(Although I wouldn't put it past them to test market something...)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
The Sony DVD transfers for the Bogdovich Double Feature, The Jack Lemmon Set, last year's Hammer Collection all upconverted quite nicely on my Blu ray player. They are all Hi Def transfers and as much as I like to have everything on Blu ray, I feel that Sony's treatment of these and other classic titles are so good there is no rush to have them upgraded.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Received my copy of the Film Noir 1 box today. I've only had a quick look through but the transfers look good.

Jacqui

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacqui
Originally Posted by Simon Howson ">[/url]

Received my copy of the Film Noir 1 box today. I've only had a quick look through but the transfers look good.
[/QUOTE]I think my set is arriving via Cuba!!

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Still waiting for my Fuller Set to arrive. Those German customs are too accurate and too slow. :D

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Marcel H.

Still waiting for my Fuller Set to arrive. Those German customs are too accurate and too slow. :D
Curiously my Film Noir set arrived yesterday even though it shipped 3 days before my Fuller set that I still haven't received.

The Film Noir set was opened by Australian customs, I think because it was a relatively small set placed in an unncessarily large box. They probably x-rayed it, and wondered why it was stuffed with so much paper.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
What's the status on the new site? Is it going online before the holidays? Sorry for being so impatient.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I just want a press release and /or cover shot of the New Hollywood Collection already!

We should be seeing the Rita Hayworth package pretty soon too, I'd hope...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Our sources at Sony have informed me that a refresh
is still coming. They apologize for the delay citing
technical issues.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Looks good, I really like the new intro movie. One problem though: when I click on the Martini Movies banner at the bottom, I'm prompted for a user name and password for some reason.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I wonder when Sony will release the 1931 films 'Girls Demand Excitment'/'Three Girls Lost'? These were suppose to have hit the DVD format last year, after a NYC screening, but have not heard anything since...

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Awesome! I'm so happy to hear that at least one of the studios still cares about it's classic product.

I found it interesting that their intro movie showed clips from "Five Easy Pieces" and "On the Waterfront" which are both old DVDs in need of new transfers. I hope that something is coming.

Keep up the good work Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks