What's new

Sony CX860 (1 Viewer)

Anyone own or have any experience with this model? I just bought one from a friend for $150. What's the good, the bad and ugly on this unit (video quality, sound, etc.)?

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
I have this unit, it's the 300+1 DVD mega changer if I'm not mistaking.
The positive is: convenience, you don't have to get up to change disc. Good Video and Audio quality, not exceptional. disc flipping, smaller than some of the changer from other manufacture.
Negatives : noisy mechanism, doesn't play cd-r or cd-rw. (it will play certain cd-rw's, just experiment) slow because of the large amount of disc. Jams and incorrect disc slot return. No progressive scan.

If you have a large amount of cd & dvd's than you've got a deal.

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
I also have this unit. For storage sake, like boxed sets (such as all 7 seasons of Star Trek-TNG)it is great! Great video/audio. Non-progressive scan, plays some cd-rw's (may play cd-r's if model has 'B' designation). Smaller than the Sony 200/300/400 disc cd changers. Caution, NOT to block the hinged door, which lifts from the top before folding down! Also,NEVER turn off the front panel 'power' button (leave in Stand-by/RED mode) or you will lose stored disc data). The GUI interface is a bit tricky to get used to, but, if it works for you, the $150.00 will be worth it! I already have another 100 (or more discs) ready to be stored and i am seriously looking at the Sony DVP-CX875P (w/progressive scan) as a second changer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks