Questions for those with Sony DVP-CX860 mega-changer...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim A. Banville, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

I see the keyboard attachment on the front. I assume you can plug any any standard PC keyboard and type in the title of a DVD or CD? Does that info show up on the screen and/or the front of the CX860? How do you organize the various titles? Alphabetically? Genre's? Can you separate the CD titles from the DVD titles? Can you display a list of ONLY DVD titles on the TV screen? Last, but not least, where did you buy it and for how much, and are you happy with it?

thanks

Jim

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Jim, I can't answer all of your questions, as I don't own the 'CX860. However, you can use any PC keyboard for entering disc information. Secondly, I am fairly certain that you can only enter disc titles (no song titles or artist names). At least this is how Sony's CD megachangers work. I know the disc titles will appear on the player's LED display, and I imagine that they will also appear on the TV screen when you use the Disc Explorer feature. Finally, I would imagine the Disc Explorer lists titles on the TV screen in the order of the slots (numerical order). I'm not sure if you can display titles alphabetically or list CDs and DVDs separately. That would certainly be nice. Of course, you can arrange DVDs and CDs any way you like in the player (alphabetically, by genre, etc.).