Picture quality

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeromyD, Nov 21, 2002.

1. JeromyD

JeromyD Extra

Hello there. I was wondering if anyone out there can answer a burning question for me. I just purchased a Sony KP57WS500 HDTV MONITOR to go with my Sony DVP-CX860 300 disc dvd jukebox. This jukebox is not a progressive scan player, it does have component video outs and I know this is the best hookup for picture quality. The Monitor I bought performs 2:3 pulldown. Will I get as good a picture using the monitors 2:3 pulldown and the jukebox's component outs as I would if the player was a progressive scan player? All answers all appreciated.

2. Ralph P.

Ralph P. Stunt Coordinator

Greetings,

I would say that more than likely the progressive scan output from a quality DVD player which performs 2:3 pulldown would be better than that done by your Sony. However the visible difference would be minimal, and if you are happy with your current interlaced model stay with it. Down the road when you are upgrading, a progressive scan player will do fine.

3. JeromyD

JeromyD Extra

Thank you Ralph I thought that might be the case but wanted to ask around and get a few opinions. I think I will change my current setup from the s-video cable I use to component cables though. Jeromy