What's new

Sony A9G vs LG CX 77 (1 Viewer)

postfan

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve Williams
I'm really torn about the two and could use some advice. I spend say 45 percent of my time on SD/HD content, 45 on 4K/HDR/DV content and less than 10 percent on gaming. However I'm a bit worried about the lack of HDMI 2.1 and 4k120hz. Don't care about price.

TheFOMO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Quinn
My understanding is that the LG CX renders Dolby Vision better than the Sony A9G, and CX is now Freesync Premium capable with all the gaming features available to next generation consoles.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
My understanding is that the LG CX renders Dolby Vision better than the Sony A9G, and CX is now Freesync Premium capable with all the gaming features available to next generation consoles.
I think the A9G probably has a slight edge when it comes to processing modes for standard content, but the LG will win in terms of gaming, higher frame rate content and firmware updates tend to be a bit more frequent from LG.

I am tagging in @Robert_Zohn since he can provide a much more knowledgeable answer than I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.