What's new

Sony 4es problems (1 Viewer)

dant01

Auditioning
Real Name
dan
I have a sony 4es receiver that I recently noticed I do not have any sound coming out of the left front speaker. Before I take the cover off, anything I should be looking for other that blown fuse? I have moved the wire to right channel and I do have sound so it is not a wiring or speaker issue.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I have a sony 4es receiver that I recently noticed I do not have any sound coming out of the left front speaker. Before I take the cover off, anything I should be looking for other that blown fuse? I have moved the wire to right channel and I do have sound so it is not a wiring or speaker issue.
Welcome!

I wouldn't recommend removing the cover as this could be unsafe. There are potentially dangerous high voltage levels inside, even when the unit is disconnected from a power source. This sort of thing often means the unit has overheated and just needs time to cool. If that is not the case you can factory reset the unit. The below procedure may work although it is for a different Sony model.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks