What's new

Sony 36XBR300 fixed (1 Viewer)

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
Earlier this week I posted that my Sony 36XBR of almost 4 years died. It was a great excuse to pick up a Mitsubishi 55511. I had thought about taking the Sony in for service, but anyone who has one knows what a beast it is. Spent the last 3 days calibrating and tweaking the new addition to my HT and could not be more pleased. My 5 year old was lamenting the "loss" of his PlayStation 2 since I was reluctent to use it on an RPTV. I decided to pop the back off the Sony and have a look. Suffice it to say a $0.60 fuse later the Sony is up and running again. The loft is now home to a 36" Sony and PlayStation 2...all is well with the world in the eyes of a 5 year old.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That's great to hear, Terry. But a word of caution to you and anyone else reading this: Be extremely careful when opening up a TV, even if it is unplugged. The capacitors store a lot of voltage even days/weeks after the unit has been unplugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks