Sony 36" FS13 or Panasonic 32" HX41 HDTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mac, Dec 22, 2001.

  1. Mac

    Mac Agent

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 1999
    Messages:
    42
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Currently have a Mistu 35" 7 yr old tv. Looking to replace it with comparable size. Have narrowed down my search to the Sony 36" non-HDTV w/ 16:9 compression or the Panasonic 32" HDTV with 16:9 and 3:2 pulldown. Both are priced pretty close to each other--about $150.00 more for the Panasonic. I really want a 35" or larger as I am used to the size and do not want to reduce to a smaller screen, but would this sacrifice be worth it to get a HDTV ready set like the Panasonic? Sattelite TV would represent approx 85% of my viewing and DVD the other 15%. I do not plan on getting HDTV decoder anytime soon. Thanks.

    Mac
     
  2. Andy L

    Andy L Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 1999
    Messages:
    101
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I have the 36" version of the Panasonic you're looking at. While DVDs look fantastic, the line doubler does some pretty funky things with the satellite signal. I actually prefered the DirecTV picture on my old analog 36" TV to my new digital TV.

    I would say to considering getting the analog set if you're pretty sure that HD isn't in your near future. The 16:9 compression will make DVDs look awesome, even without the line doubler.
     
  3. Randy_T

    Randy_T Stunt Coordinator

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2001
    Messages:
    95
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I just got the Sony 36FS13 delivered this morning. After using the Avia Disc,I am very pleased with it's overall performance. The 16:9 compression makes DVD's look spectacular.

    Randy T
     

Share This Page