What's new

Sony 36" FS13 or Panasonic 32" HX41 HDTV (1 Viewer)

Mac

Agent
Currently have a Mistu 35" 7 yr old tv. Looking to replace it with comparable size. Have narrowed down my search to the Sony 36" non-HDTV w/ 16:9 compression or the Panasonic 32" HDTV with 16:9 and 3:2 pulldown. Both are priced pretty close to each other--about $150.00 more for the Panasonic. I really want a 35" or larger as I am used to the size and do not want to reduce to a smaller screen, but would this sacrifice be worth it to get a HDTV ready set like the Panasonic? Sattelite TV would represent approx 85% of my viewing and DVD the other 15%. I do not plan on getting HDTV decoder anytime soon. Thanks.

Mac

Andy L

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 36" version of the Panasonic you're looking at. While DVDs look fantastic, the line doubler does some pretty funky things with the satellite signal. I actually prefered the DirecTV picture on my old analog 36" TV to my new digital TV.

I would say to considering getting the analog set if you're pretty sure that HD isn't in your near future. The 16:9 compression will make DVDs look awesome, even without the line doubler.

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
I just got the Sony 36FS13 delivered this morning. After using the Avia Disc,I am very pleased with it's overall performance. The 16:9 compression makes DVD's look spectacular.

Randy T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks