What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Songs with the word "together" in its title (1 Viewer)

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Well, you did! :)

A couple off the top of my head:
Let's Spend The Night Together - The Rolling Stones
Someday, We'll Be Together - Diana Ross & The Supremes

CHEERS! :)
Hi Tony,

Good to hear from you again. Both songs are great Ed Sullivan Show videos in their own way. The Stones with singing Let's Spend Some Time Together with Mick and Bill obviously not big fans of changing the title, and Ed announcing that Diana was leaving The Supremes as the trio then performed Someday We'll Be Together.

Marshall

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Well, you did! :)

A couple off the top of my head:
Let's Spend The Night Together - The Rolling Stones
Someday, We'll Be Together - Diana Ross & The Supremes

Good catch with The Stones. Strange that it took 36 messages for it to be mentioned-
all of us kind of forgot a popular song.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Thanks, Bob. What a great song! BTW, I just read that you and your team are restoring Abbott and Costello's Jack and the Beanstalk film. Sounds like an excellent project for a fun movie.

Marshall
Yes, indeed. There’s a separate thread for that project.

I have just finished working on this excellent documentary on the life of Trini Lopez. The show turned out really well and Trini was a most kind and gentle man. I was privileged to be his friend since the late 1970s. Here’s a link to the trailer.
My Name is Lopez

Last edited:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
ChristopherG,

Nice choice. I saw Howard Kaylan and Mark Volman (Flo & Eddie) of The Turtles sing backup on Hungry Heart at a Bruce Springsteen concert way back in 1981. The duo provided background vocals on the studio version of the song.

Marshall
I did not know that and have always been a Flo & Eddie fan. Thanks

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hi Tony,

Good to hear from you again. Both songs are great Ed Sullivan Show videos in their own way. The Stones with singing Let's Spend Some Time Together with Mick and Bill obviously not big fans of changing the title, and Ed announcing that Diana was leaving The Supremes as the trio then performed Someday We'll Be Together.

Marshall
Thanks, Marshall!

I have that inauspicious Stones video on their Ed Sullivan Show 4 Episode DVD set, and I believe I've caught Ed's announcement of Diana Ross leaving the Supremes on Youtube videos. Mick Jagger's derisive eyeroll is absolutely priceless!

On a completely off topic note, that 4 episode set also includes some pretty bizarre Jim Henson's Muppets bits!

Good catch with The Stones. Strange that it took 36 messages for it to be mentioned-
all of us kind of forgot a popular song.
It's even weirder that The Stones decidedly far less popular "Let Sing This All Together (See What Happens!)" (Yes, I actually know its full title, and that there are two parts on the LP!) got first mention over their classic "Lets Spend The Night Together!" :lol:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"Together Alone" by Peter Wilson

"Hot Together" by The Pointer Sisters

"I Think We'd Feel Good Together" by Rob Thomas

"Stronger Together" by Sybil

"Let's Get Together Tonite" by Steve Walsh

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Yes, indeed. There’s a separate thread for that project.

I have just finished working on this excellent documentary on the life of Trini Lopez. The show turned out really well and Trini was a most kind and gentle man. I was privileged to be his friend since the late 1970s. Here’s a link to the trailer.
My Name is Lopez
Bob,

Wow, thanks for the link to the Trini Lopez movie trailer. You were so fortunate to be his friend. My Name is Lopez looks like it's going to be a real winner of a film! I look forward to seeing it. The clips from The Andy Williams, Ed Sullivan, and Steve Allen Shows plus The Tonight Show and more look great. I also liked the brief interview previews with Tony Orlando, Dionne Warwick, ,Dave Grohl, and obviously Trini himself. Trini's story is definitely compelling, and well worthy of a documentary.

I see Alison Martino (Al's daughter) was involved with the film, too. I know you and Ron produced her dad's Capitol Collectors Series CD. I enjoy Alison's Vintage L.A. Facebook page and video reports (Spectrum Cable) and articles related to the city.

Thanks again for the info. I'll check out the Jack and the Beanstalk thread here.

Marshall

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
I did not know that and have always been a Flo & Eddie fan. Thanks
You're welcome ChristopherG. I didn't know at the time, until the concert, that they provided the backing vocals for the song. BTW, that was my first Springsteen concert, and the best rock show I've ever attended.

Marshall

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Thanks, Marshall!

I have that inauspicious Stones video on their Ed Sullivan Show 4 Episode DVD set, and I believe I've caught Ed's announcement of Diana Ross leaving the Supremes on Youtube videos. Mick Jagger's derisive eyeroll is absolutely priceless!

On a completely off topic note, that 4 episode set also includes some pretty bizarre Jim Henson's Muppets bits!

It's even weirder that The Stones decidedly far less popular "Let Sing This All Together (See What Happens!)" (Yes, I actually know its full title, and that there are two parts on the LP!) got first mention over their classic "Lets Spend The Night Together!" :lol:

Tony,

I have the Stones Ed Sullivan Show DVD set in my collection, although I haven't played the discs in a long time. I'll have to watch them again to see the Muppets segments.

Take care,
Marshall

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
"Together Alone" by Peter Wilson

"Hot Together" by The Pointer Sisters

"I Think We'd Feel Good Together" by Rob Thomas

"Stronger Together" by Sybil

"Let's Get Together Tonite" by Steve Walsh

Malcolm R,
That's super that you've listed even more "Together" songs I missed.

Marshall

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
A few more:
  • Alone Together – Carly Simon (Moonlight Serenade)
  • Back Together Again – Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway
  • Born To Be Together – The Ronettes (Phil Spector: Back to Mono)
  • Get Ourselves Together – Delaney & Bonnie (Home)
  • Gettin' Together – Sonny Boy Williamson (Keep It To Ourselves)
  • Got It Together (Parts 1 & 2) – Rudy Robinson & The Hungry Five (The Complete Stax-Volt Soul SIngles 1968-1971)
  • Let Us Break Bread Together – George Beverly Shea (I'd Rather Have Jesus)
  • Let's Stay Together – Isaac Hayes (The Complete Stax-Volt Soul Singles 1972-1975)
  • Living Together, Growing Together – The 5th Dimension (The Burt Bacharach Collection: The Look of Love)
  • Love Will Keep Us Together – Arthur Fiedler & The Boston Pops Orchestra (The Boston Pops Orchestra: A 70-Year Celebration)
  • Putting It Together – Barbra Streisand (The Essential Barbra Streisand)
  • They're At Rest Together – The Seldom Scene (Dream Scene)
  • To Live And Live Together – Bluegrass Reunion (Bluegrass Reunion)
  • Together – Paul McCartney (Tripping The Live Fantastic)
  • Together – Tierra (Oldies But Goodies, Vol. 15)
  • Together – Connie Francis (Amazing Early 60s Box)
  • Together Again – Emmylou Harris (Elite Hotel)
  • Together Again – Richard and Linda Thompson (In Concert November 1975)
  • Together Again – Buck Owens (Classic Country – Killer B Sides)
  • We Belong Together – Robert & Johnny (The Heart 'n' Soul of Rock 'n' Roll)
  • We Go Together – The Marvellos (The Best of Loma Records – The Rise and Fall of a 1960's Soul Label)
  • We'll Be Together Again - Billie Holiday (Billie Holiday: The Silver Collection)
  • We'll Be Together Again – Frankie Laine (The Frankie Laine Collection: The Mercury Years)
  • We'll Be Together Again – Rod Stewart (It Had To Be You: The Great American Songbook)
  • We'll Be Together Again – Diane Schuur & The Count Basie Orchestra
  • Why Can't We Live Together – Timmy Thomas (Soul Hits of the '70s, Vol. 10)
  • When We're Together – Carly Simon (This Kind of Love)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Why Don’t We Live Together- Barry Manilow (I remember the song, but kind of cheated by Googling it).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Here's another that was just released, "United Together" by Heather Small. Oddly, it doesn't have many lyrics which is a shame because Heather Small has a beautiful voice.

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Wow,

I just checked into the thread after a long time. There's been a lot of more "Together Songs" added. Putting It Together-Barbra Streisand, United Together-Heather Small, Frank Sinatra-Together, Why Don't We Live Together-Barry Manilow, and so many more. It shows that there's a lot of songs with "Together" in the title than the 80 I had listed. Great!

Marshall

My review of The Beatles Let It Be CD box set

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I don’t believe anyone has mentioned Together (Wherever We Go) from GYPSY (Jule Styne & Stephen Sondheim), which unfortunately was filmed but cut by the studio in the film version (per director Mervyn LeRoy it was against his wishes). Rough footage is available on the DVD & Blu-ray discs as a supplement).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks