What's new

Songs with the word "together" in its title (1 Viewer)

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Hello all,

I recently wrote another of my list-type web articles. This time, it's songs with the word "together" in the title. So, you have songs like Come Together-The Beatles, Let's Stay Together-Al Green and later Tina Turner, Love Will Keep Us Together-The Captain & Tennille, and so many more. What would be some of your favorite songs with "together" in the title? Mine would be Let's Stay Together and Come Together.

Below is a link to the web article:
80 Songs With "Together" in the Title

Thanks,
Marshall

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Together In Electric Dreams (Phil Oakey and Giorgio Moroder) from the Electric Dreams soundtrack.
I'm a fan of Together in Electric Dreams, EricSchulz. I've never seen the Electric Dreams movie, but heard the Phil Oakey and Giorgio Moroder song back in the day (September 1984) and liked it. It's a track on the Now Music 4 UK compilation, along with another1984 Giorgio Moroder soundtrack song, Never Ending Story (performed by Limahl).

Marshall

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Together Forever - Rick Astley (US Hot 100 #1, UK #2, 1988)

Happy Together - Jason Donovan (Turtles cover; UK #10, 1991)

We'll Be Together - Sting (US #7, 1987)
Malcolm R,
Until I wrote the article, I had no idea that Sting wrote We'll Be Together for a Kirin beer commercial in Japan.
Marshall

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
My favorite is Let's Get Together by Hayley Mills (Besides the obvious originally appearance of the song, it was released as a single and I believe charted).

Connie Francis has a good one called simply "Together". And I like 'We Go Together' by Paul & Paula and a largely unknown song called 'When the Boys Get Together' (By Joanie Sommers).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "We Do Not Belong Together" from Sunday in the Park with George.

And "Putting It Together" from same.

And the Oscar-winning song "We Belong Together" from Toy Story 3.

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
My favorite is Let's Get Together by Hayley Mills (Besides the obvious originally appearance of the song, it was released as a single and I believe charted).

Connie Francis has a good one called simply "Together". And I like 'We Go Together' by Paul & Paula and a largely unknown song called 'When the Boys Get Together' (By Joanie Sommers).
Good ones, LeoA. I'm not familiar with the Joanie Sommers song. Even with 80 songs in the list I made up, there's still a large number of "together" songs out there.
Marshall

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "We Do Not Belong Together" from Sunday in the Park with George.

And "Putting It Together" from same.

And the Oscar-winning song "We Belong Together" from Toy Story 3.

Thanks for this, Jake. Another song not in the list.

Marshall

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Together Forever - Rick Astley (US Hot 100 #1, UK #2, 1988)

I'll match you one Rick for another:

Happy Together - Jason Donovan (Turtles cover; UK #10, 1991)

Likewise, a former co-star who got another show after his non-spinoff flopped:

And the same year as the premiere of the above, when ABC hired Aretha Franklin and Leon Russell to sing a fall promotional campaign song, this is what they got, making it no surprise that this is also the name of a Toy Story 3 song. This was also when The Disney Sunday Movie took back Sunday nights at 7:00 PM and almost a decade before they took the whole network:

That covers all the historical Big Three networks AND first-run syndication.

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
ABC used "Let's Get Together" for their Fall 1970 jingle.
IMG_20210320_0001_jpg_00001_output.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hack