What's new

Somewhat unexpected dvd demo for my SVS :) (1 Viewer)

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
For whatever reason, all of my Netflix movies were in transit aside from one - 'Malibu's Most Wanted' This does rate a tad high on the entertainment desperation meter, but nonetheless it's all I had here to watch that I hadn't already seen. Anyway, the reason why I became very interested in this disc was because of what I was hearing in the low end. When I picked up a Beta version of the PB-2ISD, I promised Tom and Ron that I would put as much demo material through it as I could, both music and movies. Well, I did that, and I've posted my impressions along the way (glowing reviews, of course). Okay, so I'm watching this flick and all of a sudden this rap music comes on and the SVS just starts gettin its groove on big time. I realized two things when this happened: First, one genre of music I rarely listen to, let alone demo through my system, is rap. Second, if there was any doubt remaining (which there wasn't....just going for dramatic effect) that this sub could not just handle anything you put through it, but absolutely MASTER it, it was now erased. I went to school at Temple U in Philly. Not a day went by when I did not hear all sorts of loud, pounding, sloppy, annoying bass. Well, this was the same type of bass that this movie was attempting to emulate, but there was a difference. It didn't sound like any of those things above....it sounded tight, deep, smooth, and all-around COOL as hell. I turned up the volume during the scenes with the music and sat there with this sh*t eating grin on my face, like a kid who just realized that his Six-Million Dollar Man action figure's arms could actually SHOOT OFF at things (little trip down nostalgia lane). Ahhhhh.....I love my SVS :)

Chris Sigua

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen the The Core? There is some nice low bass throughout the movie (especially chapter 5). Put my new 20-39PCi to work :D .

Keir H

Second Unit
Hello guys, ALan you mention your new PB-2ISD shows up excellent on rap, hiphop bass and I can only imagine because myself having just a 22-31CS (350w) had that same grin after finally renting CHICAGO (i know, i'm late) and watching it last night! :D From the opening act, I was impressed and almost forgot how great my SVS is despite it being one of the originals. The pacing was fantastic and I was drawn into a movie that I wasn't expecting to enjoy. I am sure most can agree. The bass was fast and rythmic in that movie and yes I will be buying it. Funny thing is, I had Malibu Most Wanted in my hands but decided I had waited long enough to rent the Oscar winner. Fantastic..so you guy with more a powerful SVS have a even bigger grin..

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I completely agree about 'The Core' and 'Chicago'.....They were both great SVS demo flicks, even though the bass effects were of a different nature in each. That's one of the beautiful things about our SVS's.....there is nothing they can't do well :) Even though I was lukewarm to the movie "The Haunting" as far as storyline and acting, I will quite frequently play the 'knocking' scene a time or two just because I am so amazed by how it sounds! Prior to discovering SVS, I had a Paradigm PDR-10 sub.....I think the retail on that was like $349 or something. And I guess for that price it was a decent sub.....but my first SVS (25(22)-31) was only about two bills more and it not only obliterated the Paradigm sub, it was clearly the single most impressive addition to my HT that I had ever made. It was just THAT much better. I remember Blade II being the first movie we watched on it, and my wife and I just sat there on the couch, hair damn near blowing around on our heads, with this astonished look on our faces. It's pretty rare that I'm anywhere near this vocal about a product, but if you love good music and good movies, and bang for your buck is as important to you as it is to me, then it's clear why one can become so excited about SVS. They simply rule :)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Humm, have not seen Chicago and read nothing about it, did see on the news it won some awards.

Very suprised to hear that it's a bass movie, (well getting that idea from your posts above). Would never have expected it from the TV clips I'd seen in 30 second slots for release on DVD.

Guess I'll have to pick it up and check out the bass fuss.

I did watched the Core, yup bassage, but a very lousy film IMO.

Will check Chicago out this weekend.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I have burned hours if not days watching crappy movies for the Bass experience.

Today is Chicagos day. Well maybe after Monsters Inc.Hav not listened to that with the dual PB2+ setup

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
2319! 2319!......BOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!
Pause, Slow Reverse, Play

Pause, Slow Reverse, Play

"Jeeeezuuuss honey, you're rattling the crystal in the hutch and buffet!! Will you please just watch the movie?!"

"Sorry about that baby, must be a glitch in the DVD" (heh, heh, heh......)

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Whats the best place in Monsters Inc. to test the bass. I just got the movie and have not watched it at all. Mostly got it from listening to you guys ramble about the bass on it.....

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Lot so bass in Monsters Inc.

Why spoil it for you, just watch and enjoy. The spots that are intense you will have no problem noticing with a capable sub...

Cheers
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks