What's new

Some will get a $499 blu-ray player.. (1 Viewer)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

What does patience have to do with it? You wouldn't have one ounce of sympathy for someone in that situation? I don't think it's silly at all to think that someone like that kid should get a PS3 before a scalper. I know that sounds a bit idealistic, and things don't work out like that, but whatever.

We obviously have different opinions on the relative morality of scalping. There's a lot of things that are perfectly legal, yet morally questionable. This is one of them, which means there's going to be differing opinions. I would rather see a PS3 go to someone who wants to actually play the thing than just re-sell it for a huge profit, but that's just how I feel about things generally.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I think it's silly that someone would need a game system so much they were willing to pay a several hundred dollar premium for it. Too much of that gotta have it now mentality.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I am surprised eBay cancelled the auctions but it is most likely because the seller doesn't have the item listed and has no real control as to when it will be received. When the product is available, I would think eBay will allow any and all PS3 auctions to proceed.

Chris

Rolando

Screenwriter
that's what I think. It was only canceled because the seller cannot guarantee 100% delivery as he does not currently have the item.

However once PS3s are in hand, big green light.

Shawn Perron

Supporting Actor

He has the same ability to show up early and wait in line that everyone else does. If he wasn't willing to wait hours in line like the people that got the preorders, then he obviously doesn't want one that badly. It's like anything else that is in short supply, if you don't do what you have to early, you either wait or pay a premium for it.

On a side topic, I don't see why a store would allow preorders. Isn't the goal of any business to get as many people in it's doors as possible? By taking preorders they pretty much told everyone to not even bother and stop by thier store on the 17th and 19th of november. Meanwhile Bestbuy, Walmart and Target will have a packed house as people come through hoping to find a console.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks