What's new

Whole home set up (1 Viewer)

Big Sal

Auditioning
Real Name
Lascelles McCarthy III
I am planning to set up my a whole home audio/Media network and have configured some items. I'm hoping I can get some feedback on the tech specs and equipment!

I will have a Denon 7.2 receiver (x1400h). here's the set up:

The home is prewired with 5.1 media room and 3 pair of speakers through. So in the media room I plan to start with ... WAN connects to LAN switch that will have Apple TV, blu ray player, receiver and Denon Heos Link connected. I also would like to connect a Eero wifi system as well. Everything goes into the receiver and output via HDbaseT 25 ft from projector. I'd like to have 5.2 in the media room while assigning zone 2 (2 remaining channels) to an adjacent room. I will have 2 more pair of wired speakers (kitchen, patio downstairs) I will connect to 2 separate Denon HEOS Amps to wirelessly talk to the Denon Heos Link.

Does this seem correct and workable? Below is the list of equipment I would like to purchase. Mainly seeking to make sure the are compatible and that my "theoretical" set up is correct.

$599 Receiver: Denon X1400H

$499(2) Amplifier: Denon series 2

$349 Link: Denon series 2

$999 Polk 265RT(4), 255c-RT(1) (media room)

$103(2) Polk PSW10 subwoofer

$290 STR169110-G screen (silver ticket)

$119 Polk Atrium 4 outdoor (pair) (patio)

$139(2) Polk RC80i in ceiling (pair) (kitchen, adjacent room to media)

$732 Projector Epson 2040 3D 3LCD [11.1ft throw distance (1.22-1.47)]

I am open to recommendations and suggestions of any kind. I'm pretty new at this, so it's just been a lot o

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Don't get a Polk sub. You're much better off with 5.1 with one better sub than two substandard subs. You still can't get much of a sub for $200. The BIC F-12 is still probably one of the best in that price range, but it probably takes about $500 before you get into something decent.

Big Sal

Auditioning
Real Name
Lascelles McCarthy III
Thanks johnrice! I am leery of the Polk subs and thought of possibly getting a klipche brand sub I had my eye on.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
don't get Klipsch either. Look at some of the many sub manufacturers. BIC and Dayton are good for budget subs. Then you have HSU, SVS, Power Sound Audio and others for the better stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks