What's new

Some setup questions (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Just bought a new Toshiba 32" TV (32A41). What connection do I need to connect the TV to the receiver for when I watch broadcast television?

Also I'm a little worried about putting my CS400i on top of my TV. I just have a TV stand right now and putting it below is not an option. Is there anything you guys can recommend that I do? I know it is magnetically shielded, but does anyone have it on top of their TV? Thanks for the help in advance.

David X

Stunt Coordinator
ok .. I'll take a shot, though I don't know anything about your setup or your tv, and I'm not going to look it up for you.

Do you mean OTA (over the air) broadcast with an antenna input directly into the tv? If the tv has audio outputs, you would run rca stereo cables from the tv's audio outputs into one of the receivers inputs, then set the tv to drive the external audio output at a "fixed" (vs "variable") level, turn off the tv's internal speakers, or leave them on if you want to, using the tv volume control to turn the internal speakers up or down as desired, so you can still listen to the tv without using the receiver. Once you have the connection to the receiver, just select that input on the receiver and use the receivers volume control as desired.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about cable tv with a box or some other method, there are other ways to do this that are probably better.

You should be able to tell visually if your center speaker is causing any interference by moving it away from the set while watching it, then move it closer. If you see any visual changes in the picture, you have a problem. If not, you should be ok.

-David

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 32A41. Pretty much what Dave said is what you want to do. There are audio out jacks on the far right as you are facing the back of the TV. Connect to the TV input jacks on the back of the receiver.

I have a Paradigm studio center speaker sitting on top of the TV. I have not experienced any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks