What's new

So how is Prince Of Persia The Warrior Within? (1 Viewer)

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Right after the cut scene, hold block or keep attacking and back flip away from her. Just stay away from her kicks and you should be fine.

Daman

Second Unit
Peter! I managed to clear that yesterday :D now am at that sand puzzle level which has 2 buttons on either side, one starts the sand flow and other stops it.I think is after one more save after this level, will figure out today how to get over that :) Thanks for all the help again!

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
You have to turn all the buttons on with the sand flowing simultaneously to open the time portal. Did you get the first life upgrade right after you defeat Shahdee? It is in the small room with the chest.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I hate those S&M zombie guys (they pop out around the time you face the second golem, the bigger one who grabs at you). They are seriously harder for me to kill than most of the bosses I've faced so far, mostly because they gang up on you. I usually just use that time power where the screen goes red and you slash a lot.

Seems cheap to all of a sudden produce a "regular" villain that takes so long to kill.

Daman

Second Unit
Peter,
I got to the first life upgrade after i defeated shahdee, but that was after all those series spikes and pole traps i had to avoid. But i was going through the walkthrough and it seems i missed my first life upgrade before that, there are supposed to be 9 life upgrades but i missed out one. I also had the pleasure of meeting and running away from Dhahka twice yesterday :D was good fun. I have reached to the point where i get the serpent sword and have now to use it to open those gates, its getting exciting now :)
Daman

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Daman,

Yes, to reach the life upgrades you have to go through those series of traps. If you missed any life upgrades, you can always go back and find them later on in the game. Once you earn Eye of the Storm, you can always go back to the first one.

Have you opened the gates to the two entrances to the towers in the Central Hall, yet? If you haven't, then I'm confused, how you met up with and got chased by Dahaka so soon? The 3rd lifeupgrade is right below the Central Hall, don't forget that one.

Daman

Second Unit
Peter,
If i can go back to earn life upgrades thatll be cool. The chase by Dhahka was very small, there were 2 of those, the first one is when i have to run left, then jump 2 poles quickly- then the chase is over, i have to break those drums on the way and go on. The second one was also small, i just had to do one wall run to finish it. I havent opened the gates yet, i have come to the point where the prince puts his sword in that lock and that lever comes up which will open the gates. But i didnt play ahead, just saved the game there last night(theres a fountain nearby). Ill try and remember the Central Hall upgrade, thanks for the tip :)

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, thanks! I remember those first Dahaka chases now, those are much easier than the longer chases later on in the game.

I'm now playing the easy mode and almost at the end. I'm playing on PC, BTW, what are you playing it on? Good luck!

Daman

Second Unit
:D well yesterday i got that third life upgrade as well(thanks for that tip) I am playing on PS2 Peter. I am now at the garden gates level.. trying to cross that second pair of ledges before they goes back in the wall by slowing down the time.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Daman, have you encountered any glitches on your PS2 playing POP2? I haven't on my PC but I have heard many have experienced all kinds of glitches on PS2 and Xbox, including my brother is playing it on Xbox. He had to actually start the game from the beginning!

Daman

Second Unit
Well yes i have also heard of those glitches but till now the game has gone smoothly. It would really suck if one had to start the game from the beginning.. the Ubisoft guys ought to have tested it throughly before releasing it in the market. I have been following a walkthrough on ign.com and that mentioned that they have noticed the glitches mainly with the pirated copies of the games. Ill just keep my fingers crossed on this one :D

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
Played POP2 for a couple of hours and I think that's it for me. While the game played very nice, it just didn't hold the same appeal as the first one. While the some of the younger set may eat up the new gritty atmosphere, I found this sequel to be completely devoid of the magic and charm of the original. Very banal and panders to the lowest common denominator. Too bad.

David

Joel C

Screenwriter
I've saved right before the final bosses, where you have a choice about which ending you get. I've decided to go for "bad" first, but I didn't have time to try more than once tonight, and it was pretty tough.

I hate how bosses can regenerate health. Seems cheap. But almost done, and overall it has been a lot of fun. This is the first game I've played all the way through in over a year, and it was worth it.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
The alternate ending is a piece of cake which only took me once to finish but the original ending was the toughest battle in the whole game and I must have tried about 50 times before I finally succeeded! I like challenges, though, it's more fun.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Wow, I thought both bosses were pretty easy. I beat the Dahaka on the first try, the other took me maybe three or four (I had more of a problem with those damn tornadoes).

The "good" ending:

Are we supposed to know who that guy is who says he deserves this and that? Looked and sounded like the prince... is that the Prnce that the Dahaka ate when time twisted up? I gotta say, the time travel in this story had more holes in it than an Austin Powers movie (i.e. the Prince is able to kill his past self without a care).

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, those annoying tornadoes also kept killing my Prince. I'll play the hard mode next and see how "hard" it is. I don't know about PS2, GC or Xbox but playing the POP games on PCs can be very frustrating at times especially when he's running around, the camera angles suddenly change and the Prince end up falling and gets killed.

I have played both the easy and normal modes, so I'm now more used to the controls, I guess and what to expect in the game.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Look for the Glow Sword to use as a secondary weapon. It is very powerful but drains a chunk of your life after each use, maybe that was why I had a hard time with the original ending. Have fun!

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Ahem. So now that the price has come down on this, I finally "bit the bullet" and purchased it on the cheap. I was simply too curious, what with the public's overall happiness with it (this thread seems to point in that direction) and of course the critical disdain.

It's not a bad game per se (nor did I expect a "bad" game, in the Superman64 or Fighting Force 2 mold, especially with the development involved), but its "edginess" is laughable. It takes an engine which (in PoP:TSOT) used stillness and silence to haunting effect and pumps it up violence and butt-rock. There's no horror, no mortal terror at the sands. It's just all "bring it on, prince" and "I am the king of blades!" What is this, Duke Nukem?

I'm not that far into the game, but apparently the prince has been "on the run" for a while in America because uh, now he's American. Yeah, I guess British accents are just too "pansy" for young male gamers.

I also don't sense any meaningful connection with the first game's plot. I loved the ending of the first game... with the prince sliding down the column and into the night. It was -- and dare I say it with poor sales figures still haunting the dreams of Ubi Soft's accountants? -- it was romantic. The whole game was. There goes your teen market. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within is to The Sands of Time what a candlelit dinner is to a ragged bumper sticker that reads: "if this van's a rockin, don't come a'knockin'." Well, I'm knocking. And butt-rock is the only reply.

Back to the plot. I don't mind picking up the narrative thread a little later in a sequel (can work well), but we are presented not only with a different character, but a whole different kind of story. It's as if LOTR: The Two Towers had opened as a "Steven Seagal changes baby diapers" comedy set in Manhattan. In fact, there's not much of a story at all in "warrior within" : the prince is being hunted by a demon. He wants to kick ass. He does, and yet only to save his own hide. Not too compelling.

A game like God of War, on the other hand, does "violent stylized historical edginess" so much better. It had a great story. And it didn't have a classic to sit atop. It knew what it was from the beginning.

And here comes part three on the horizon... I do love "epic trilogies" but without continuity (character continuity especially) "warrior within" might as well be first game's distant, unhealthy cousin wearing a ripped black t-shirt and belching. And while I'm looking forward to the third game, it's going to have to try awfully hard. If it's great, maybe I can pretend it's the REAL sequel.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I actually just finished this one last month, and while it certainly made a couple of gameplay improvements over sands of time, they're not really in the areas you'd expect. I thought that the level design was fantastic in the game, which is to be expected for the second time out. The first one was amazing, and now that the team has some experience, they can add even more cool stuff. The "edgy" characters and story were way over the top though-one of the great things about sands of time was its different tone...

The "open ended" combat was a bit of an improvement over SoT, but really, it ended up feeling like a poor man's Ninja Gaiden. I still got bored with it...

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I got this one and Sands of Time with my last video card purchase. I'm almost through Sands of Time but losing interest so not sure if I'll get past my current 75% mark.

I still want to try out Warrior though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks