What's new

So Bad, They're Good (1 Viewer)

Paul>Wh

Agent
What about the not released Rocket Man. This is one of the funniest and worst movies ever made. People look at me strange when I try to tell them about it.

DanMarquardt

Agent
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0089823

Polish Vampire in Burbank.

the lowest movie I've ever seen. certainly not a 'good movie' but it had some things that have stuck with me all these years since I first saw it...

like the creative use of a skeleton from a med school, the queer-wolf (he turns gay during a full moon), a fraidy-cat vampire and the concept of a vampire clan in the heart of the san fernando valley.

has to be seen to be believed.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Sorority House Massacre 2?

My ex hated horror movies, so when I told her to pick one up, she got that.

Some how they managed to get all the girls in separate nude scenes. And no kidding, you see a ketchup bottle spray blood on the wall in the corner of the picture. It's so funny because it is the worst put together film I have ever seen. Terrible direction, terrible acting, but extremely funny.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Can't Stop the Music

The first (and only) big-budget, widescreen Musical starring Village People, Bruce Jenner and Steve Guttenberg.

I once saw this film described as the "gayest film ever to pretend not to be Gay." They weren't lying. This is the best party film of all time. Anchor Bay released this last year. It belongs in any self-respecting trash maven's collection. Heck, I own the movie poster! Did I mention that it was directed by Nancy Walker (Bounty Lady, Rhoda's Mom)?

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Flash! AH-Ahhhhhh! Gordon - the epitome of so bad it's good...

"Flash! I love you! but we only have 14 hours to save the earth!"

That line is almost as bad as "I don't like sand...it's rough, and irritating, and gets everywhere...not like you...you're everything smooth...."

"shudder" that's just bad...

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Most of my DVD collection fits this category, since I love the sci-fi/horror B-films of the 1950s. Low budgets, scripts written by people who apparently never had a date in their lives, cheesy effects, and often-poor acting combine to create movies that I find irresistable.

Topping the list: The Brain That Wouldn't Die! Absolutely deplorable film, but it's got a mad scientist who saves his girlfriend's head, a disfigured lab assistant, a mutant in a closet and hookers...in other words, just about everything you could want in such a film...wrapped up in production values that you could purchase with a credit card, and I don't mean a Gold or Platinum card, either, but that first one they give you when you start college. The one special effect is the table holding the girlfriend's living head, a magician-type table with mirrors so that you can see people's legs when they walk behind it, which means, of course, that action must be staged so that somebody walks behind the table whenever possible. The end title, BTW, calls the film "The Head That Wouldn't Die." I love it!

Jan

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
All of Jean-Claude Van Damme movies, his wooden acting never cease to crack me up, but Double Team has the added bonus of Dennis Rodman, Mickey Rourke and bad basketball jokes.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
In minor defense of Flash Gordon(1980) I would like to point out that the filmmakers and screenwriters were trying to make it as camp as possible, you do realize that right?

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
So Matt,

Did I get it right? The EpII sand line? I was writing it from memory...sorry if I goofed it up...

and yes Kevin, I'm well aware that the camp in Flash was intentional.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Hardbodies Remains one of my favorite 80's T&A classics. Definately a guilty pleasure.

I also agree with Real Men "Happy Pie??????"

...and of course, The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Phil

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Damn, someone already took Jaws 3D. That movie is cheese at its finest. now, for my submissions:

Breakin' 2: Electric Bugaloo
See break dancing at its worst.
Bonus: Ice-T in a early starring role

North Shore
Enough of that WB and MTV crap. THIS is the surfing entertainment to watch!
Bonus: Gawk at how hot Nia Peeples was

Gleaming the Cube
Christian Slater before he became the 24/7 Jack Nicholson impersonator. Also, when I first saw this flick, I didn't realize that the brother was adopted, so I thought that maybe Slater's mother had boffed the milkman or something.
Bonus: Marvel at how Steven Bauer went from Scarface to this in a matter of six years

Xanadu
The best space-inspired roller skating disco movie starring Gene Kelly EVER!
Bonus: After watching this, you will have all the benefits of taking LSD without those pesky flashbacks

Rad
Any chance you get to listen to "Send me and Angel" by Real Life, take. And this includes Teen Wolf 2. But see Rad first because it has the song synched up to the best slo-mo BMX trick show ever.
Bonus: Gawk at how hot Lori Lauglin was

Over the Top
The best movie about professional arm-wrestling ever made.
Bonus: The second best movie poster of all time

Cool as Ice
Can you believe that Vanilla Ice is a worst actor than he is a rapper? I never thought that it was possible
Bonus: Naomi Campbell does her best impression of the Model who wants to be an actress

Nowhere
Quite possibly the most unapologetically shitty movie ever made (except for maybe Brown Bunny, which I havent yet seen)
Bonus: A Who's Who of actors who had their 15-30 mins of fame. Shannon Doherty, Denise Richards, Rachel True, Christina Appelgate, Kathleen Robertson, Ryan Phillippe, Heather Graham, Scott Caan, Mena Suvari, Tracy Lords, Rose McGowan

As you may or may not be able to tell, I have a special place in my heart for 80's movies. That decade was simply the death of taste.Nowhere

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
and yes Kevin, I'm well aware that the camp in Flash was intentional
Well, my point is that since the camp and hokey/bad dialog in Flash Gordon was fully intended then it really doesn't qualify for what this thread is discussing, unintentionally hilarious films. I.E. films that are so bad that they are good because they don't realize that they are bad to begin with.
IMO Flash Gordon doesn't fit into that mold, it was as "Bad" as it wanted to be.

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, awesome thread

some from my personal collection:
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
Return of the Living Dead

some of my favorites that I can't afford to buy yet:
Dead Alive
Bad Taste
Meet the Feebles
Battle Royale (sometimes, bad subtitles can make these gems even better)
Re-Animator
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Return of the Killer Tomatoes
Body Melt
Six-String Samurai
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Army of Darkness

If you Like this Stuff I highly recommend
Bad Movies org

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I think Flash Gordon wins the prize for me, regardless of whether the camp was intended or not.

FLASH!!!! Ahah!!!!

I could watch it over and over again...:)

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Ed-

No doubt I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but now that I've seen Ep. II a zillion times, I think it's "...not like here. Here everything's smooth...", etc.

The first time or two I saw the movie I also thought it was "Not like you." "Here" is an improvement. A small one, but there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks