What's new

Vinegar Syndrome 4K releases: Joy in the Weirdness... (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Of all of the upcoming 4K/BD releases vis Vinager Syndrome come these weird driveby low budget/high dreams productions I wanted to share. So bad they're good, like an ugly dog, you just can't unsee it!!!
1. An apoclyiptic meets Elvis Samurai movie - Here is Six String Samurai - weoird, right...but that's the point.

2. Kind of like the Toxic Avenger...Pufffy the marshmallow guy with an attitude but NOT!! I give you, The Incredible Melting Man

3. Indiana Jones and his Babbon named Boon meets Ninja-expoitation, in search of a plot in the wilds of South Carolina...it's...Unmasking the Idol.

4. Voyage of the Rock Aliens - with Pia Zadora...God help us all!!!

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
My main source of confusion for VS is how they choose which films to put out on 4K and which to put out on blu ray when they seem to do the vast majority of their scans in 4K and some of the films they put out in the format are ones I wouldn't expect. Granted, a handful of their titles, like Righting Wrongs, are understandable because they're unfortunately studio-provided, but the vast majority of them aren't.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
My main source of confusion for VS is how they choose which films to put out on 4K and which to put out on blu ray when they seem to do the vast majority of their scans in 4K and some of the films they put out in the format are ones I wouldn't expect. Granted, a handful of their titles, like Righting Wrongs, are understandable because they're unfortunately studio-provided, but the vast majority of them aren't.
The vibe I get from VS is similar to the old Something Wierd releases back in the day!!

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I bought Dead Heat on UHD from VS.
Haven’t gotten around to watching it yet.
It's certainly not a great film, but there's a reason it's had a cult spring up around it. Between this and Deep Rising, Treat Williams really shows he deserved a more mainstream career. Plus, any movie with Vincent Price automatically gains a star for me.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It's certainly not a great film, but there's a reason it's had a cult spring up around it. Between this and Deep Rising, Treat Williams really shows he deserved a more mainstream career. Plus, any movie with Vincent Price automatically gains a star for me.
Another title, but was released by Criterion was Equinox, I never thought it would get the love it did either!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks