What's new

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Then CRW's post makes even less sense. CRW wants to own the Blu-ray and doesn't know it's been out for a decade? :unsure:
That's always been one of my pet peeves. I'm amazed at how many posts there are asking 'why isn't x on blu-ray' when even the most cursory google search will reveal that the disc has been available for ages.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
That's always been one of my pet peeves. I'm amazed at how many posts there are asking 'why isn't x on blu-ray' when even the most cursory google search will reveal that the disc has been available for ages.

I agree. It's also strange that someone wants to own a movie enough to post about it... but apparently isn't interested enough to peek on Amazon.

Also: why isn't "The Godfather" on Blu-ray? :lol:

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I like bad movies that I used to watch on HBO over and over in the 80s. Kino has put out a lot of those, but I still need:

Midnight Madness
The Pirate Movie

Both probably unlikely because they're both owned by Disney. But I wonder if maybe one of these Disney will stoop to license out titles like they used to Anchor Bay. "Pirate Movie" is a Fox release, and I'll point out as we do repeatedly here, that they're not exploiting the Fox catalog that they paid billions for. I don't see endless Fox movies appearing on their streaming platforms. They might as well make money with some of these movies, somehow.

Midnight Madness has an HD transfer that has made its way to iTunes but not Disney+ or the movie club. It was one of the titles for the Anchor Bay licensing deal that also included the likes of two different cuts of The Happiest Millionaire, The Devil and Max Devlin, The Watcher in the Woods (albeit not restored to the complete original cut), and a bunch of other pre-1984 live-action movies, but with the same 4x3 analog composite transfer you probably saw on HBO (assuming it's the one that got the blink-and-you'll-miss-it VHS and Beta release circa 1985). When Disney finally reclaimed the film and re-released it — finally admitting to its Disneyhood after 24 long years of denial — they used the same old transfer there, too, with a silent Buena Vista International TV logo tacked on at the end!* Michael J. Fox came back to Disney multiple times after his later Family Ties and Back to the Future fame made it a "we knew him when" title. The Disney Studio Story spoke more highly of it than Leonard Maltin.

*The only time I've seen any logo attached to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markmcca