What's new

Snl 4/16 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This was a pretty good episode by recent SNL standards.

Monologue - Am I the only one getting tired of how they always have the host come out, start singing, and then the cast comes and joins them? It's so formulaic. Maybe it's getting old because none of them in the past few years have even come close to the early 90s Steve Martin classic "Not Gonna Phone it in Tonight."

Beck - A great musical guest for once!

Sexual Harassment at Work - This was pretty good.

Behind the Music: Superbowl Shuffle - Not bad but not very memorable.

Tom Brady's Indian Restaurant - Yes, I know that wasn't the title. These "celebrity who can't act so we'll put them in a fake commercial for a restaurant" sketches are always lame. Especially when Horatio Sanz comes out and screws up. They need to fire that guy.

Weekend Update - The news: bland, not many good jokes. The Jiminy Glick part: best thing of the entire season. I was dying the entire time. They need to bring Martin Short back to do this every few shows. I loved it.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Wistful reminder for me. Loved his show on Comedy Central. Hoping this appearance was to promote it's return. Anyone have any info on the status of the Jiminy Glick Show?

The Sexual Harassment Video was funny, but dated. Chris Rock said all that needed to be said in his "Oh Denzel, you so crazy" bit.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
It was a pretty good episode. What stood out was how long the sketches were but they didn't drag on.

There were only two sketches that failed: the opening and the jazz singer one.

The Falconer was the best I've seen of that sketch. The cockfighting part was really well done.

Sexual Harassment video was very good.

~T

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Mostly pedestrian, but I couldn't help a loud guffaw when she took out the piano. Quality slapstick, that.

RickGr

Second Unit

What the heck was wrong with Green Day last week? They really impressed this 50 year old.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
One of the worst SNL's I had ever seen.
Tom Brady sucked and Beck was forgettable at best.
This show really sucked bad!

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
"Dr. Porkenheimer's Boner Juice" was the first thing on SNL to have me really laughing in YEARS.

I also liked the Sexual Harassment video.

C

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Is this, what? The third time for Dr. Porkenheimer's Boner Juice? Although I admit, it does get funnier each time. I just didn't find it funny the first time, but it's grown on me.

The sexual harrassment video was great, the rest of the show was pretty bad. I cannot stand that skit with Amy Poehler as the girl who screams, "RICK RICK RICK RICK RICK" although my wife loves to say that line. I also hate the celebrity restaurant sketches. Really tired stuff.

Again, I am not one of those people who complains how bad SNL is all the time -- I like the show, but this ep was just not good.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Amy Poehler's "Rick!" sketch is one of my all time favorites... She can be quite versatile, from being a 10 year old in "Kaitlin" to hotty in Sharon Stone, she is the best female on SNL today. I feel bad for Fred Armisen and Will Forte - they are hilarious, but barely get any airtime. Speaking of which, Keenan Thompson and Finesse Mitchell are in about 1 or 2 sketches, and the majority of the time - they are together. Love the football one were they faced off against the host.

ry/

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I think the whole female cast is great, far better than their male counterparts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks