What's new

Snell help! (1 Viewer)

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I just picked up a pr. of Snell Acoustics Type E series II speakers. The 8" woofers need to be re-foamed. They are otherwise in near mint shape and came in the original boxes and packaging.

Anyone have any experience with these? Wondering whether to replace the 8" woofers through Snell (cost $225 for 2 drivers and it comes with crossovers)or to have them re-foamed.

I don't have a need for these so i may try to trade them for an amp. Not sure of the value.

Anyone who knows these and could provide some insight would be welcomed!

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Not sure how much help I'll be but I'll tell you that Snell speakers are WONDERFUL! They used to be owned by Boston Acoustic and was their higher end elite line. They branched off years back. I would do what I could to repair them and if you don't want them you could probably get some decent cash for them. Check out www.audiogon.com to see if anyone is selling any Snell so you might be able to see what they could fetch. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks