What's new

Snail Mail From BMW Canada, Inc... (1 Viewer)

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
After being told by the operator on the American 1-800 BMW number that the disc could be sent to Canada, here's what today's mail brought:
"Dear Mr.Simpson,
Thank you for expressing your interest in The Hire Film Series by BMW.
Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to send you a copy of the DVD version of the films. At this time, they are not available in the Canadian market. They will become available later this year and will be offered to BMW Owners through the launch of a BMW Owners' website. In addition, they will be part of other BMW Canada marketing promotions in 2002 for potential BMW buyers.
Please be advised that we have kept your name and address in our database for future mailing.
Sincerely,
Andre Richards
Aftersales Service"
So no disc for this 11 year-old Chrysler driver, but they'll considerately mail me plenty of advertising crap in the future. Bummer. Hope I have better luck with the Kenwood disc. Any other Canucks receive either this letter, or the disc? Cheers.
------------------
"Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff'll make ya a goddam sexual tyrannasorse...just like me!"
Dave's Really Moldy HT Page

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
You're only 11 years old, and you drive a Chrysler??? Wow!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Heck, I stopped by the local Markham BMW dealership and the salesman there just had a puzzled look on his face. One of these days I will just snap. If corporations are going to treat Canadian as Americans, make it consistent. Either treat us as a different country, or don't. Don't treat us like a different country for one thing, then treat us as the same country for something else.
IN BMW's case, we aren't privy to the marketing materials everyone else seems to have (the DVDs), because we are a different country. Then we are not privy to some of the tuned, and tweaked, and cool cars, because we are part of the "American" market.
/rant off
------------------
"Dear Diary, My teen angst bullshit now has a body count" - Veronica Sawyer
Lance Nichols
The Nichols Collection, now showing.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
did you guys try the website? i emailed the website on Oct 30th, got a reply the next day, and got the DVD yesterday. it was like christmas coming early.

Rolando

Screenwriter
where online? bmwusa? how? brochure request? link please!!
thanks
------------------
Rolando Avendano

EricW

Senior HTF Member
just go to the bmwfilms.com site, click on the HELP link, and email the site representative. tell him (her) you'd like a disc and see if you get a reply.
i originally did this as a backup to the hotline thing (i thought hey, if i can get 2 discs even better) but now that the hotline thing isn't working i'm glad i did the website thing :P
good luck.

Karen Maraj

Agent
I was shocked.. i got the letter, was reject a couple of times on the phone and by email.. then yesterday, my boyfriend picked up the mail as usual.. didn't say a word about the dvd.. then later before bed I'm looking at the bills.. and there it is!! Looks like the one the people in the US are getting, it had a sticker on it saying US Release only or something to that effect. Whoo hoo!!

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
Mine finally came in the mail today.

I followed Eric's advice and e-mailed the website. Sent a follow-up e-mail with my address on Nov 21.

My version does not include The Follow.

PaulDee

Auditioning
I'm a little lost here. I've seen the streaming versions available on the "bmwfilms" website, but are you saying that they have released them on DVD too? If so, how do you get one? Would my local BMW Dealer have them? Thanks, and sorry to be out of the loop.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes Paul-

The films are available on DVD from BMW. These DVD's include the 5 films in Dolby Digital and extras like directors commentary and background films that cover the backstory that links the films.

I got mine from my BMW dealer, plus one from BMW North America since I own a BMW. It was sent to me via mail after I replied to an e-mail from BMW asking if I wanted a complimentary copy. It took 2 months for it to arrive which is why I got one from the dealer who sold me my car.

Nelson

Jamie E

Stunt Coordinator
You Canadians should consider yourself lucky that BMW is only withholding a measly DVD from your market. Check out the different car configurations available on BMW USA and BMW Canada. I really wanted cloth seats in my new 325ci, but was denied! As far as I could tell, cloth seats are available in every market BMW sells cars, except the U.S. Does that make any sense at all?

PaulDee

Auditioning
Thanks, Nelson. I'll check out my local dealer first, then try on line if that doesn't work. I recently purchased a 525i, so they can probably afford to slide me a copy. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks