What's new

The Official Defective Disc Replacement Thread (1 Viewer)

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
Tory said:
I just remembered the Disney Silly Symphonies replacement program and I still have not received anything. I hope this gets done soon.
I called several times for T& J Spotlight one and received nothing.
As I indicated on the WDT Wave 6 thread, I also received my replacement discs for the More Silly Symphonies yesterday.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
For all the numbers do work, when you call what i have found best to do is make a file, get the persons name that you speak with when requesting a replacement. and keep this for your records, makes it easier if you have to make another call as a follow up. Also give between 4 - 12 weeks for them to get the replacement disk to you,

aside from that i will say that i am happy that these companies have at least replaced these disk, although there are others that could be replaced as well, for improper framing or DNVR problems, i think is public outcry that sort of forces their hand sometimes.

But with all the different titles that are coming out every given week now, actually the number of disc with problems percentagewise is relatively small, that is something to be thankful for.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for this handy thread! I called Disney and Warner and hopefully will have the replacements soon.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 3

Just spoke with a WB representative on the phone concerning Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection: Volume 3, mostly about the miss framing issue on “Pup on a Picnic” and edited content on “His Mouse Friday” and ask if they were going to address this issue and send a replacement disc that was properly done.

The statement that I got was that they were receiving lost of call, lots of calls, so it is getting logged, then after mentioning the two mistakes that were on the current disc. I ask if they knew anything about the possibility, of them also including the 2 missing toons, the operator, stated that she had not heard any thing about that; but were getting a lot of calls concerning that as well.

I would be willing to actually get this set if these problems were fixed, and it seems that public out cry is the way to do it along with this forum and the many others that are animated related.

Originally WB balked at the idea of replacing disc for the first set, but then gave in and did the correct thing and offered replacement disc. This of course came after numerous complaints, and the mistakes of having similar issues with the second set as well. It was because of them correcting issues that I held this company in high regards. As all of us that are having issues with the new set know, the fans of these films, that are angry about the omissions and edits do have the right to complain, and playing devils advocate, mom and pop Wal-Mart are not going to care, or send off for a replacement, so either way if they offer a replacement that fixes the two problems and includes both of the missing toons then I will support this. Until then I guess I will just have to watch Woody, and Popeye again till LTGC V5 gets here.

Here is the number 1-800-553-6937, call and make your voice heard.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Borrored from GAC Forum

WHV Popeye Disc Replacement In Effect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice regarding Popeye the Sailor 1938-1940 Volume 2, Disc 1

Warner Home Video is advising consumers who purchased Popeye the Sailor 1938-1940 Volume 2 DVD that two shorts on Disc 1 have an alternate opening credits sequence.

For any consumer who wants to have disc 1 replaced with the original opening credits sequence, please contact Warner Home Video at 1-800-553-6937 so that a self-addressed stamped envelope can be sent to you for return of your current disc. Please note that the replacement discs will be sent to you in approximately 8-10 weeks.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Yesterday when TVShowsonDVD first broke this I phoned the number and an operator took my name, address, and phone number saying she would call me back in the next day or so with details.
I just got off the line with her now and she said that the corrected disc will be sent in 8-10 weeks together with a postage-paid envelope to return the defective disc.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Thanks for the update Mike, actually i get the set tomorrow, sort of a late fathers day gift, and already have to wait on a replacement disc, LOL

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Anyone ever wonder what they do with the defective discs once they receive them back? Do they donate them to charity's or just destroy them?

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
If experience is any indication - I think they might sell some on Amazon marketplace....;)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Flash: The complete series

yes i know its tv but this is where i have the thread, anyhow there is issues with the disc and WB will replace it

consumers who still wish to have Disc 1 replaced with the original picture/audio track, should contact Warner Home Video at 1-800-553-6937 so that a self-addressed stamped envelope can be sent to you for return of your current disc. Please note that the replacement disc will be sent to you in approximately 4-6 weeks

Waylander

Agent
Real Name
Rick
Was about to crack open my More Silly Symphonies Set when I dug up this old thread looking for reviews. Found out about the replacement and just called Disney. Was pleasantly surprised that they were still willing to replace the discs even after 2 years!

Now I haven't received them yet (obviously), but I'm hopeful. Now I gotta call about Looney Tunes V2...

This is a really great thread. I think a lot of people would find it useful if it was stuck to the top. I only found it by accident.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
dana martin said:
Flash: The complete series
yes i know its tv but this is where i have the thread, anyhow there is issues with the disc and WB will replace it
consumers who still wish to have Disc 1 replaced with the original picture/audio track, should contact Warner Home Video at 1-800-553-6937 so that a self-addressed stamped envelope can be sent to you for return of your current disc. Please note that the replacement disc will be sent to you in approximately 4-6 weeks
I have this. Can you enlighten me as to what the issue is?

Mariners

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Thanks for all the info.
1x1t.gif

Did Disney ever offer replacement discs for the Walt Disney Legacy Collection: True Life Adventures Vol. 1 and 4? I would like to know because I am thinking about ordering the other sets on Amazon and going the third party route for these two sets. Thanks!

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Yes on both counts. I believe it was disc 1 in both sets, but the problems were Prowler in the Everglades on Vol. 1 and Secrets of Life on Vol. 4. You can tell if you have bad ones very easily. The Everglades problem was a swapping of the color channels. If I remember correctly the sky was green and the water was red. It was pretty obvious that something was wrong. For Secrets, the problem was that the final reel of the film was supposed to expand from full frame to cinemascope. If it remains full frame throughout, you have the wrong version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks