What's new

SMURFS IN R1... what the hell?!? (1 Viewer)

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Two questions, Has there been anything new on the Smurf front? Secondly, did anyone happen to get the French R1 set and if so, how was it?

Paul

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My lead hasn't panned out so far; people are being more tight-lipped than I thought the Smurfs would have warranted. :frowning:

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I used to love The Smurfs...However, I saw an episode during a Saturday Morning Cartoon class I took in college and the episode we watched was horrible! I couldn't believe how bad it was....sigh.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
This really isn't DVD news but it is Smurf related and could help spark some more interest...

"The Smurfs returning to TV in 2005
MushroomVillage.com reports that DIC Entertainment has acquired the broadcast rights to 26 half-hour episodes of the classic cartoon series The Smurfs. "The Smurfs will begin airing in January 2005 on the top-rated DIC Kid's Network, a unique three-hour programming block designed to provide stations with children's programming that meets 'core' FCC requirements. DIC has acquired the select episodes of The Smurfs that were produced with an educational basis to meet the standards of the programming block". The DIC Kid's Network programming block is available on over 400 stations."

http://www.animated-news.com/archives/00002773.html

Jamie Middleton

Stunt Coordinator
I was browsing the old posts and I figured I would resurect this post to see what kind of buzz we could generate about the smurfs being released in the states. I know it would be a hit id prolly camp out at best buy to buy it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks