What's new

Smallville Premiere 9/24/02 - Spoilers... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
You have been warned :)..
Unlike Enterprise, the opener for Smallville really kept you glued to your seats. I still say either someone finds out about Clarks secret mid season, or as a closure for Seasons 3. I seriously doubt they'd forget about the spaceship so quickly.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
It was pretty good.

Lana seems pretty suspicious. Not very sensitive of Clark to believe Chloe.

It looks like Lionel will be a more regular character on the show now.

Leo Hinze

Stunt Coordinator
With the way Clark has been raised, at what point will his conscience overcome his desire to keep a secret. That is, lying is not something he believes in. At some point, his lies are going to cause more pain to him and those around him than the truth.

Great episode. I'm a bit concerned, though. How did they explain the mobile home getting flipped over? Both Chloe and Pete saw the mobile home before Clark relocated it. I sure hope the show does not get sloppy with details like that.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
:eek: Was it on today? Crap!!! Lets hope theres another showing later

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator
NickSo,
You are in luck :). WB is re-airing the previous Tuesday's Smallville every Sunday at 5pm. So don't worry about missing it.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Fantastic premiere for Season 2. I taped all of last years shows and got tonights too. Wish they would release the ENTIRE season 1 on dvd as my crappy antenna WB station gives the impression it snows in Smallville each Tuesday. :D
To me this is the best series on TV.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I almost forgot about the Premier but I turn it on just in time and I am glad I did. Very good episode. Lana is very suspicious of Clark and I think she knows the incident was real but can't believe it. How could you?

Leo, maybe Pete never went back to the site with Clark's mom, I don't think Chloe ever went back on her own(really no reason to). Also, I think this is one of those cases that it is OK to lie to keep your secret, we know what would happen if people found out.

I haven't seen an episode since last year and I forgot how good Lana looks, man she was looking real good. I didn't really notice he bobbing her head as she spoke either.

Lex kind of screwed himself by having to kill Nixon, now he will never get any info on the Kent's whether he wants it or not(from Nixon anyway). Didn't see his father going blind
but I like the fact that something happened to him and Lex can't win for helping.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Good job clearing up all the cliffhangers from last year's season finale TEMPEST. The last 15 minutes set the framework for a promising second season.
The episode peaked when Lex shot Nixon.

Many kudos to The WB and the local South Florida WB affiliate for broadcasting SMALLVILLE in HD. There was some pixilation problems in the very beginning during the Lana rescue but from there on the show looked killer in HD.

-Gary

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
A little nitpick: Is someone gonna investigate that murder or what? I hope it comes up in a later ep.
What happened to Lex fatehr was an interesting twist. The relation between these two is truely complex. I mean, how could Lez not become "evil" with a father like that, who seems to do everything top make him feel like a failure?
Am I the only one who think that Chloe looks MUCH better than Lana? With a better sense of fashion she would blow Lana out of the water!
--
Holadem

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally Smallville is back, and not only did it tie up the cliffhangers from last season's finale, but it stirred up even more stuff.

While it appears that Clark and Chloe will be "just friends", Chloe will be hurting for quite a while. Lana and Clark will not happen overnight, as Lana goes into "suspicions" mode for the early part of this season as Clark tries to deflect her probing into her "rescue" from the twister. While the creators of the show don't want to actually show Clark flying (with their show motto: "No Flights, No Tights"), they did plant the notion that Clark is starting to will himself to fly when pressed to do so.

The moral quandary that faced Jonathan came to a head as he struggled with finding ways to keep Dixon from revealing Clark's secret to the world. Jonathan did succeed in extracting the videotape from Dixon.

Having Lex do in Dixon at the end of the season opener lays more of the foundation of Lex being in so many compromising situations from all of the behind-the-scenes manipulations. Plus it has heightened Clark's suspicions of Lex (though he's grateful for Lex saving his father from Dixon). While Dixon's death solves Clark's secret for now, Lex is begining to pile up a body count (even if it plays out as justifiable killing) and his evil side keeps showing up more and more in times of crisis.

Having Lex "in check" due to his father surviving the after-effects of the twisters, and having Lex have to look after his now blind father will slow down his road to evil for this season, but it will also allow Lex to stay in Smallville to re-open his operations as his father re-covers from most of his other injuries.

Did Kristin Kreuk grow a few inches in height over the summer, or is Annette O'Toole just short?

Next week has one of my favorite femme fatale actresses working today: Krista Allen

Woo hoo!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>Am I the only one who think that Chloe looks MUCH better than Lana? With a better sense of fashion she would blow Lana out of the water!>
She's definetly no slump of a lady, that's for sure. I think it's just her hair style and her clothing style that need to change, and she could compete with Lana as you said.
The actress who plays Lana is just more my type :).

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Woohoo! Smallville is back baby! I loved last night's episode. It was perfect. I just can't get enough of this show. :D
My prediction for next week (I'm sure it's obvious to everybody else, but I just thought I'd mention it)...Clark gets heat vision. Should be really good.
And Patrick, they did actually show Clark flying...err...floating in the second episode of the first season.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
What seemed really silly about this ep was how Clark's dad being missing almost seemed incidental to everyone. I mean, come on, when he's searching for his dad, who is quite possibly dead, is Clark really going to stop and worry about leaving Chloe at the dance? And her character obsessing about it under the circumstances seemed self-involved to an extreme. Same thing goes for Lex talking to Clark about his father issues.

It all would have worked much better had they just spent the top half of the show finding Clark's dad then dealing with the rest of it.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>And Patrick, they did actually show Clark flying...err...floating in the second episode of the first season.
>
Since Clark can't control what little flying ability he has now, I hope they do a comedy episode about it :). Something about how he suddenly, randomly, starts floating in mid air around school and has to learn how to control it, heh.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I remember Clark floating (while he was dreaming in his bed) and then his mom called for him, and he dropped like a rock and wrecked his bed.

But, any costumed flight will not be shown in Smallville if the creators remain true to their original vision.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Is someone gonna investigate that murder or what?
With Jonathon Kent backing up Lex's story, it would be justifiable homicide. And of course, Lex has juice.

As long as Chloe and Pete get back to the site after the rescue workers, they'll probably think that they flipped the trailer.

A few things bothered me: maybe the warranty on the ship is up, but a craft designed for interstellar travel should be able to take a lightning hit, dontcha think?

Jonathon gave away way too much about Clark's powers; and although he pulled the tape out of the cartridge, I didn't see him burn it. And in general, they make a big deal about Jonathon sticking to his principles, which is all well and good until a lot of people get hurt. It's more like he's not willing to make the tough call so that he doesn't feel guilty personally. And doing so would let "Nixon win"? Gimme a break.

//Ken

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A few things bothered me: maybe the warranty on the ship is up, but a craft designed for interstellar travel should be able to take a lightning hit, dontcha think?
Well if you'll recall from last season, the piece that got knocked out by the lightning was the same piece that had been previously dislodged by the meteor storm. Since there wasn't any bonding element it seems logical that it would be easy to dislodge again.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I thought it was a great episode, and looked especially good in HD. I agree that there was some pixelation in the beginning and the audio was popping occasionally, but overall it was awesome. Unfortunately I missed last season's finale, but the recap at the beginning brought me up to speed. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this season. :emoji_thumbsup:
I have to agree with Neil V, Kristin Kruek is also more my type. She is extremely beautiful, and IMO the actress that plays Chloe pales in comparison.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
How would the piece get dislodged by the meteor storm? The ship is effectively one of the meteors.... :)
What resolution are they using for HD? 1080i or 720p?
//Ken

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I believe they are using 1080i. I'll have to double check though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks