What's new

Smallville Finale... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
All my New Show posts WILL contain spoilers, so I don't have to forget about putting it in the title. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...
Oh man. I had a feeling that this was going to happen, considering the Twisters didn't appear untill 3/4ths of the way through. But one thing is for certain. SOMEONE will have to find out about his powers before Season 2, Episode 1 ends. The reporter already knows, but I have a nasty feeling that he, and possible Clarks dad will be killed by the Tornado.
My prediction is that Lana will also find out, because Clark finds some way to save her, and Chloe will become even more suspicious. As far as Lex goes....if this character is supposed to get darker as the series goes on, I'd say there's a good chance he won't try to rescue his father. If he does, and his father STILL backstabs him, it'll be interesting to see what happens anyway...
Long few months till September...Sigh, I wish all the new shows started in the summer, when the weather is warm and the sun is out longer. You want the new shows to start, but with new shows, comes colder weather, so it's a double edged sword :).

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Great episode and an excellent cliffhanger. Wonder if Clark will learn how to fly?

I hope Lionel survives. He's a good character.

It's too bad that Lex becomes Clark's enemy. It's interesting to see him try to be good and fight his destiny.

Great season ender to the best new show this year.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Wow! That's what I call a cliffhanger! Maybe not "who shot JR" but great nonetheless! :D
Definitely the best new show on tv and dare I say my favorite tv show ever??? I'll be showing my age here but it rivals one of my youth faves of The 6,000,000 Man! Remember that one?

Rob T

Screenwriter
What a great episode.
It's good to hear that he's becoming more and more invincible to fire and other stuff like that. :)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I don't think Lana will find out.
He WILL save Lana, by discovering his flying power, uplifited by tornado winds.
The winds will make him airborne, thus discovering his flying power.
But Clark will just make it seems like the tornado, just lifted the truck up, then dropped it.

Cloe is now even more suspicious(With Clark leaving in an instant, as soon as she turned around), I agree.

ALSO, now that I think about it, I think that missing piece fitting into Clark's spaceship, turing it on, lighting it up and having it float...might have something to do with Clark flying

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I thought one of the guiding principles of the show was, "no tights, no flights", that they'd never have him flying.

//Ken

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps for season one (No tights, no flights). It's inevitable that Clark will learn to fly.

The twister will give him a taste of flight, but he still won't be flying regularly next season.

I liked a few of lines (paraphrased): "One thing you're studying for English lit, and the next you're in a uniform saving the world." - though Lana was talking about Whitney to Clark or when Lana tells Clark "You look good in red."

I don't think Lex lets his dad die, but that knock on his head might have triggered that latent evilness within him again because he's not "right" anymore. With his old man providing so much business/personal pressure on him, it may be a matter of a "Ruthless? I'll show you ruthless, Dad!" survivor instinct that kicks in for Lex to gain some semblence of control over his own destiny without his dad being one step ahead of him.

Chloe might move away (totally depends on whether Lex can keep the plant open for Chloe's dad to stay in Smallville).

Pete did all right for himself in the date category for the spring dance.

Poor Clark, he got assigned to be Lana's watchdog by Whitney, a cagey move but it should effectively keeps Clark at bay for half a season next year.

I do have bad feelings about Jonathan not surviving the twister storms when he went to go find that slimeball reporter, who might also die, and have Clark's secret die with him. I kept hoping Jonathan would have grabbed the reporter's video camera and broke it while they were in the storm shelter.

Anyhow, excellent cliffhanger of a season finale. The writers/producers set the table up beautifully for next season.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I am not sure if Clark will fly or if he will just run in a circle in the opposite direction of the Tornado and cancel it out.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Here's the interesting dichotomy that the season finale sets up:

It's entirely possible that both Clark and Lex lose their fathers in the Storm of 2002. That Clark could lose Jonathan due to the twisters, while saving Lana (doing something heroic), while Lex has a choice to save his father or let him die (so Lex gains control of LexCorps) - to make his problems go away, he simply allows his father to die by inaction. This is where Lex's turn to the dark side begins, and the friendship between Clark and Lex will dissolve as the season rolls on until Lex becomes the sworn nemesis of Clark/Superman.

Matt MacFarlane

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think that they will kill Jonathan off so early in the season. They always do manage though, to kill off anyone who finds out about Clark's powers.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I don't think they will kill off Jonathon either. He is too important to the series.

Nor do I think Lex will let his father die. At most he will make sure that Lionel knows he had his life in his hands and chose to spare him. Lionel and Lex will become arch enemies before Lex and Clark.

AllenD

Second Unit
I think Jonathan won't be back next season. Like Patrick said, Clark will lose his father while saving Lana. The show has always displayed morality lessons that develop Clark into Superman, and this could be the most important one for him to learn, yet. Same for Lex. Truly a momentous season finale. Ranks right up there with ALIAS! I can't wait for next season. Hopefully the WB suits decide to air it in HD next season. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
How could Jonathon dying be a lesson to Clark? It's not like he had to make a choice of saving Lana or him. It would be pointless.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Clark will save both Lana and his father.
The reporter will die along with his information.
Whitney will be killed as a result of the twister destroying the bus.
Not sure how the Lex and his father angle will play out but I can't believe they would kill Lionel off this quickly. His character's interaction with Lex is fodder for good story lines.
Great premiere season and an excellent season finale.
Now bring on the DVD first season box set.

-Gary

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Great episode, but i cant wait until next season!!! Argh, stupid cliffhangers! :angry:
I really hope lex and clark's friendship will last longer though... I wonder how long clark can hold his feelings from lana. Does whitney really expect clark to watch over her? He knows how clark feels for her.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Hehehe... Sorry i havent yet... After my finals, i promise :) I got like 5 days of freedom before i go to summerschool :eek:

AllenD

Second Unit
How could Jonathon dying be a lesson to Clark? It's not like he had to make a choice of saving Lana or him. It would be pointless.
If there was a tornado that touched down on your town, would you rather A: Make sure your family and loved ones are safe or B: Save the girl of you dreams?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks