What's new

Siskel vs. Ebert (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The longer clip shows some of the fun underneath the tension. I never thought I'd hear Ebert say "the fucking Jews" though. Wow. They really did get down and dirty. I know that it, along with the other racial slams, were very tongue-in-cheek, but I can't believe he'd be that un-camera consious.

P.S. It is "& the Movies"

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I remember years ago watching a hilarious animated (claymation) short by Will Vinton that brilliantly spoofed Siskel and Ebert. They were both played by dinosaurs. I think Siskel was a T-Rex and Ebert (playing off his physical stature) was a chubby triceratops. It was one of the funniest send-ups of their show I had ever seen, and have since seen.

IIRC I saw it at an animation film festival, but I have no clue what it was called or if it is available on video. If anyone knows, please post it. Thanks!

Colton

Supporting Actor
I used to watch SNEAK PREVIEWS and never missed a show. I loved the theme song - wish I could hear it again.

- Colton

Alex-C

Screenwriter
You gotta love the internet. First you get this never seen before, rarity of Ebert and Siskel at each other's nec...excuse me, "challenging each other", something that would not be made available to a wide audience or even seen by more than a few lucky ones before the internet, and then no...that isn't the rarity, over here is an even more rare, longer, R rated version.

I PROCLAIM THE INTERNET THE GREATEST THING SINCE...THE INTERNET.

we made it a weekly event to never miss their show in the 80s. I like Ebert. I may not agree with him often, in fact I probably find fault with many of his reviews, but he always brings an astute, learned, and undeniably interesting perspective to movies that I enjoy reading.
I read him because I disagree with him.

and for you youngin's out there, this is the way things were before political correctness sanitized our daily lives.
;)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Remembering Gene

Remembering Gene - Roger Ebert's Journal

"We never had a single meaningful conversation before we started to work on our TV program. Alone together in an elevator, we would study the numbers changing above the door."

There are newer Ebert threads but I liked the title of this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks