What's new

Single-season wonders that deserve a DVD release (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
What are the chances of Out Of Practice (2005) with Stockard Channing and Christopher Gorham coming to DVD, I thought with Paramount owning the rights we might have seen this show by now.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
How about seeing The Jury (2004) starring Cote de Pablo from NCIS and Adam Busch from Buffy getting a complete series release. Along with The Education of Max Bickford (2001) starring David McCallum from NCIS, Richard Dreyfus and Katee Sackhoff from Battlestar Galactica and The $treet (2000) starring Tom Everett Scott, Jennifer Connelly and Adam Goldberg

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Well, to my heartbreak another imaginative police drama has been cancelled after one season: Life On Mars has bit the dust. Last year, it was Moonlight and New Amsterdam, and now this. The good news is that the storyline will be wrapped up on the the 17th and last episode, so don't be surprised if a DVD release is announced by the end of the year.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090303/...Tp_mdOTuNxFb8C

vanourney

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe Vanourney
Masquerade (1983) with Kirstie Alley and Rod Taylor
Automan (1983)
Manimal (1983)
Otherworld (1984)
Probe
The Phoenix
Veritas:The Quest
Starman
Whiz Kids
Reunion
Mister Sterling

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
wish we would see more one season complete series sets being released, surely its better for studios as they are one and done.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I wish they would release more one-season wonders as well. It's a short commitment for the consumer and gives a sense of instant completion. And I think it would provide more of a variety in the tv-on-dvd department. There would be a lot of shows people have never heard of that might try them out. They could be great blind buys.

I have a bunch I would love to see released on dvd...

One in a Million (1980)
Touch Of Grace
Women in Prison
Babes
Ann Jillian Show
Jennifer Slept Here
Style & Substance
Can't Hurry Love
Gloria
Flo
Private Benjamin (2 seasons)
Working It Out

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
The Byrds of Paradise
Fantasy Island (Malcolm McDowell)
Key West
MAX HEADROOM
Now and Again
RoboCop: The Series (Available in UK, might import)
StarMan
TimeCop
Time Trax (Two Seasons but could be combined into a complete series?)
Total Recall 2070

More?

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
"Target: The Corruptors" (ABC/1961). This was a Four-Star production of 35 one-hour episodes starring Stephen McNally as a newspaper rackets reporter. I remember lots of A-list guest stars like Roberts Vaughn and Culp, David Janssen, Brian Keith, Richard Long, Edmond O'Brien, etc. Good show that happened to air opposite "The Twilight Zone" on Fridays.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
I've mentioned in other threads that in a world where Square Pegs and Quark can be released on dvd...anything can be released on dvd. The future looks bright.

I've probably posted wish lists on this thread before (too lazy to look) but my current short list would include:

Life is Wild
Reunion
Second Noah
When Things Were Rotten
Oh, Madeline!
Madame's Place
North Shore
Savannah
Titans
Pacific Palisades
Central Park West
Summerland
Hail to the Chief

If these would come on dvd, I could throw away a lot of crumbling old vhs tapes I have (lol). Also, some of them have unaired episodes that I've personally never seen, or episodes that were only shown in Europe. Most of them have never been in syndication at all. (Summerland is the only one currently airing). Notice that I like a lot of primetime soaps. Those noisy American soaps seem to do better in foreign countries than they do over here--hence, they are more often seen in Europe or Canada. We get infomercials all night while Europe's watching Raquel Welch camp it up on the incredible "Central Park West."
Savannah and Pacific Palisades are on my short lived tsod unreleased list,and young americans is number three.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The ones I'd be most interested in are:

Probe
Mann & Machine
The Darkroom
The Mississppi

Because I have a thing for Maggie Han:

Murphy's Law
Teech
Black Tie Affair

Others (in alphabetical order):

The Byrds of Paradise
The Chicago Code
Karen Sisco
Tarzan and Jane (WB show)
Touching Evil (US version)
Under Cover
Under Suspicion
VR.5
Women's Murder Club

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Women's Murder Club is third on my one season tsod list but for me it's Complete Savages the 2000's television series that starred keith carredine and erik van stratten very underrated family sitcom of the 2000's and the scene where the teenage started having a food fight in the school cafeteria and getting caught by the school principal is so funny.and this one is number one is October Road the family drama that has lasted for only two years feel good family drama that is worth watching.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Savannah and Pacific Palisades are on my short lived tsod unreleased list,and young americans is number three.
I used to have all 3 on vhs...however I haven't owned a vhs player in many years and those tapes had to be let go last time I moved. It was a hard decision and probably a bad decision.

Savannah, Second Noah and Central Park West remain Grail shows for me, and I would add seasons 2-3 of American Dreams to the list.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
What's great is that since the advent of home recording in the late 70s, we've been able to record any of those shows ourselves, since the likelihood of them ever surfacing again are very small.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
A dodgy "Byrds of Paradise" is up at YouTube.

Yeah, well, I would really like something better than what I already have on tape. It's SVHS, but at the time I was recording those, my deck was acting up, and the recordings aren't up to snuff. A good part of what I loved about the show -- other than Arlo Gutherie playing...well...Arlo Gutherie -- was the absolutely gorgeous cinematography.
What's great is that since the advent of home recording in the late 70s, we've been able to record any of those shows ourselves, since the likelihood of them ever surfacing again are very small.
If they're still playable.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
The Paul Lynde Show Tempertures rising VR.5 Land's end stars fred dryer from the 80's/90's cop tv classic Hunter would be great.Hostages that's a rough show.Cover Me the true story of an fbi family very underrated television drama from the 2000's. that was on usa network.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks