What's new

Single guy wondering if big RPTV's turn women off? (1 Viewer)

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
If the living room looks terrible, but had a big TV, they're not going to think much of it. Even less than if it was the same, w/o the TV, since they think you just spend money on 'stupid toys'.
I have big speakers and a nice 40" WS in my tiny living room. I have a huge shelf of movies on one side, and movie posters hanging on all the walls. It looks very nice and taseful, imo. It looks like I watch a lot of movies in there, which is quite true.
I've never met a girl that was offended by it. Most seem to think it's pretty neat. Some have even asked specifically to come over for a demo, believe it or not.
Maybe I have cool friends, or maybe it's because I'm young?
Now, there was a girl a few years ago, before I got a 'big' TV that was watching the Abyss on WS laserdisc with me, and she kept saying how stupid WS was and didn't see the point of LDs... blah, blah. I eventually said something nasty to her and she left. I'm soooo sauve. :)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I should post a thread like this only with the title "single guy wondering if he turns women off" hee hee

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
hahahah LOL
I was planning to go out around 8 but time got away from me. The cloverleaf at the N. washington exit isn't lit for some reason and isn't fun in the dark. Besides, too many squid packs around :frowning:
Guess I just don't feel like it and I'm ooking for an excuse
just ordered ALL the parts to get her completely back to like new after my little track day incident this week :D

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
My fiance was used to direct view tv's no bigger then 27" diagonal until she met me. When she saw the 56" widescreen in my theater for the first time, I swear her jaw must have hit the floor. Since then, no tv can compare - therefore 65" RPTV is now coming into my new home and HT. :b :emoji_thumbsup:
Eric.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
The only couch I have is a circa 1980's couch that I inherited a few years ago. No, it doesn't smell like cat urine although it might smell a bit like my dog Jake . That's it for furniture so far. My condo has 1740 sq feet, most of which is empty (I have had the place for a year). The TV sits in the basement in what so far is a dedicated HT room.
Ahhh. That explains a lot. If you took a picture, it'd probably look a little strange. Your TV probably dominates your place completely - and _THAT_ is probably what your sister is referring to. And yes, I think that - generally speaking - she's right. Women will see that (most) and definitely start forming some negative opinions.

I've invested a lot in my HT (I took part in the poll in the polls area and figured out it was well into the 5 digit range) but have put as much into a nice carpet, couch, bookshelves, etc to to make make the entire room look like I've invested a lot of time/effort in decorating it, not just building a HT. It doesn't look like the 'empty bachelor pad with huge TV and kegerator' kind of decor.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
Dave,
I hear ya. I think I probably have about $4K or so invested so far in the HT. I recently repainted the basement, added some pics and other decorations. Some time tonight I'll post some pics of the lowly couch ;).
Michael.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks